New merc is a wonderful thing !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well that was what I was thinking my 2019 E Class estate has a built in Sim for all those functions, at least for the initial 3 years.

Not sure about the SE model though?
My understanding is that the Vodaphone in car Sim gives you 1 month free once you activate the Vodaphone account and then you have to pay for extra data per month or annually..... £10 a month or approx £100 a year. I could use my phone as a hotspot in my 2014 E Class but not in the 2019 E Class. Mercedes seem to have stopped the links to internet radio and other internet apps without paying for the Vodaphone connection fee...... all in the name of progress obviously!!!

Congratulations on your new car. Try playing a DVD if you have a slot, it may well play videos.
No DVD slot but it does play MP4 video files if you use a suitable memory stick in the center console connection points and chose media source from the menu

I guess that you are expected to use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto for internet apps, music,radio?

That's how I access the functions that you are talking about, certainly a lot cheaper than paying MB for data!

More and more manufacturers are going this way, realising that trying to keep home grown software up to date is a nightmare with the speed of change.

Last edited:
I am totally unsure what Android Auto looks like as I think I enabled it and started it up in the car but didn't like its appearance so to date I've not used internet connections in the car but have used the standard sat nav, radio, spotify from the phone and music and music videos from the memory stick.

Wrong thread oops

Would it be possible for one to replace the piano black with ash wood? I’m thinking cos it’s only housing it could be lifted off and
Would it be possible for one to replace the piano black with ash wood? I’m thinking cos it’s only housing it could be lifted off and replaced..?
Yes it’s possible, but part is not cheap, plenty of description of how to do the change, not too difficult, especially if someone like me can do it😳

Yes it’s possible, but part is not cheap, plenty of description of how to do the change, not too difficult, especially if someone like me can do it😳
oh so you must know off the chap in Sweden who did a complete interior facelift on his W207 E500 Coupe a few years back? I think it was on mbworld forum?

Congratulations on your new car. I'm still in "new car happiness" mode after a week and a half.
We need pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom