New Merc Tomorrow (Well hire car!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blicky_1

Car
BMW F10 520d M-Sport
As some of you know my W210 was hit up the rear end a few weeks ago.

The car is going into the bodyshop for 4 days tomorrow and after many arguments with the other persons insurance company they finally agreed to loan me an equal sized merc, a E220 CDi (2 days of phone calls!!)

The hire company called today to give me the details of the car to arrange a cover note and to my suprise its a 5 day old E-Class E280 CDI as the E220 CDI had gone back at the end of it's lease and this was the new replacement :D

E280 CDi I said?? are u sure?? Still not convinced I called my mate at Merc and he said this is a new model diesel out (280 & 320) V6 diesel and they go like s*** off a stick :bannana:

Anyone else heard of these??

Looking forward to giving it a thrasing for the next few days :rolleyes:

Yep, saw an E280 CDi the other day. Was reading about the new E420 CDi now that does shift... 310 BHP, 0 to 60 in 6.1 seconds and 530 miles on a tank.

Just wish MB would make it in RHD!!!

Yes, saw an E280 CDi last week. I had to check the list too.
Both 280 & 320 are infact 3 litres with different power outputs. :crazy:

Last edited:
I don't mean to brag, but my Boxster is going in for a service on Monday, and I'm having a courtesy car.

Last time it was a basic Audi A3.

This time? A Cayenne 3.2 V6. :D

There's an orderly queue forming at the office ...

Well car delivered today and it's a E280 CDI V6 Avantgarde in black with black leather and it had only covered 80 miles :eek:

Goes verrryyyy well for an oil burner :D

Now covered 180 miles :bannana:

Will report more when more miles on the clock..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom