New Mercedes arrived at the weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevehg

I joined a few months ago prior to ordering an e-class e220 auto estate. Car was a factory order as I added full leather and surround camera system, and was delivered at the weekend after ordering in June....

a72e39117d69f388dd855256f37587bf_zpse7aa4ef1.jpg

So nothing exciting, but actually the first Mercedes for me. I've had plenty as rental cars, but never actually bought one before.

cheers, Steve

Congratulations and I hope you enjoy Mercedes ownership :thumb:

Steve, nice one, great minds think alike then!!

Nice looking car that. Hope you are pleased with it.

looks good, more pics!

Thanks for all of the good comments

looks good, more pics!
As requested...
008a295c7a40416b66c9dcff144879ba_zps639c127e.jpg

I seem to have bucked the trend for the black interior and aluminium, but I fancied a change from previous black & black leather estate. I also had a Range Rover in deep blue with lightstone leather and walnut wood, and I felt that looked good, so I went for that colour combo again...

adf80f2cc63297d6624509386173d0fc_zpsc2821ae7.jpg

b05c4416b043d40f023fc7cc58dfab4f_zps7e80788f.jpg

cheers, Steve

I like light interiors. My previous W212 had Almond Beige and Open Pore Ash trim and it looked great. Interesting that the carpet is light too - on the pre-facelift Avantgarde cars the carpet and lower door trim was always black.

I like light interiors. My previous W212 had Almond Beige and Open Pore Ash trim and it looked great. Interesting that the carpet is light too - on the pre-facelift Avantgarde cars the carpet and lower door trim was always black.

No idea on pre facelift, on current range, it's as expected and as described in the brochure etc. Porcelain leather has the black carpets, but grey and silk beige have coordinated plastics and carpets as far as I'm aware.

cheers, Steve

Yes Mercs are looking good now! Some modern cars that come out look awful, this is good :) oh and welcome to the forum

I love the colour, welcome.

Very nice colour combination, and the facelift front end does wonders for the E in my view. Also good to see an estate that doesn't have its boot ruined by an excessively sloping roofline! Enjoy it!

Thats very nice Mercs defo getting ahead in the looks department these days

Yes Mercs are looking good now! Some modern cars that come out look awful, this is good :) oh and welcome to the forum

I love the colour, welcome.

Very nice colour combination, and the facelift front end does wonders for the E in my view. Also good to see an estate that doesn't have its boot ruined by an excessively sloping roofline! Enjoy it!

Very nice colour combo, do like that front end . Enjoy :thumb:

Thanks for all of the comments everyone, and yes I totally agree that the facelift is a vast improvement over the previous generation and gives MB 's a distinctive look.

Yes pleased with colour combo with interior. Bit of an 'old man' spec on an AMG where most go gorgeous black with the aluminium or black ash, but I'm very happy with it and I think the thin aluminium edging strips lift it/modernise it enough.

cheers, Steve

Congrats, I too like the facelift model. Why is the steering wheel upside down?

...and the facelift front end does wonders for the E in my view.

I agree, here is mine from the front; a little intimidating if you have this in your rear view mirror perhaps? :devil:

Attachments

• IMG_20140816_112926.jpg
    IMG_20140816_112926.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom