New Mercedes Buying Experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FiveStar

Car
BMW
Hi - new member here.

I currently drive a Mercedes E350 and went into my local dealer to order a new one. I have about £50,000 to spend on a car. Typically I'm a cash buyer and have no huge interest in finance.

The salesman was extremely keen to sell me the car through a finance deal- I thought that was odd given I'm a cash buyer. I suppose theyre used to selling cars this way as interest rates are low and financing is popular as many seem to borrow these days rather then save.

That said the car they let me try was a 220d. Years ago I had an E220 I used as a taxi car. It was much faster and more refined and the 9 speed box is terrific but having had an E350 it felt a bit slow. The 4 cylinder engines have come on a long way but a car like this needs more under the bonnet in my view.

The car I drove was an AMG line model. It had a brilliant handling and a good ride and the sports seats were supportive and comfortable.

It should be simple then, order an E350 AMG line then choose the equipment etc from the list. Except buying a 350 means airmatic suspension. I don't want an air sprung car. When they're out of warranty they're expensive to fix and every air sprung car I've driven has felt ponderous to drive.

I also hate black interiors. To get the sports seats I must take an AMG line model which adds a black headliner and black seats. I can't add them in an SE model in cream and take a cream headliner.

I also wanted to add a Burmiester stereo but you can only have that with the premium pack which brings a panoramic sunroof. I don't want a panoramic sunroof. Prior experience is they eat into the headroom and they rattle.

So in short Mercedes can't sell me the car I want for £50000.

Quite a poor show. I'll have to keep my present car as it fits my needs better.

If you currently drive an E350 why do you put BMW in your profile?

If you currently drive an E350 why do you put BMW in your profile?

I have more than one car.

What are you, some sort of Internet forum detective with nothing better to do than pick holes in a new members post?

I see you drive a Lexus. Why are you posting on a Mercedes forum. Please enlighten me and perhaps given your post count perhaps partake in discussing the issue at hand - the inability to specify a car from new the way I want to.

Calm down Steve ....

BMW is the classic spammer/troll car to list, seen it 1000's of times

A lot of the premium car makers have headed this way I'm afraid, Mercedes and BMW especially, narrowing the choices down to black interiors with a paintwork palate of ten colours.

Hi - new member here.

I currently drive a Mercedes E350 and went into my local dealer to order a new one. I have about £50,000 to spend on a car. Typically I'm a cash buyer and have no huge interest in finance.

The salesman was extremely keen to sell me the car through a finance deal- I thought that was odd given I'm a cash buyer. I suppose theyre used to selling cars this way as interest rates are low and financing is popular as many seem to borrow these days rather then save.

That said the car they let me try was a 220d. Years ago I had an E220 I used as a taxi car. It was much faster and more refined and the 9 speed box is terrific but having had an E350 it felt a bit slow. The 4 cylinder engines have come on a long way but a car like this needs more under the bonnet in my view.

The car I drove was an AMG line model. It had a brilliant handling and a good ride and the sports seats were supportive and comfortable.

It should be simple then, order an E350 AMG line then choose the equipment etc from the list. Except buying a 350 means airmatic suspension. I don't want an air sprung car. When they're out of warranty they're expensive to fix and every air sprung car I've driven has felt ponderous to drive.

I also hate black interiors. To get the sports seats I must take an AMG line model which adds a black headliner and black seats. I can't add them in an SE model in cream and take a cream headliner.

I also wanted to add a Burmiester stereo but you can only have that with the premium pack which brings a panoramic sunroof. I don't want a panoramic sunroof. Prior experience is they eat into the headroom and they rattle.

You've pretty much just highlighted why our E Class replacement is an Audi after 6 new MB's.

Lack of choice with MB, lots of choice with Audi.

Hi - new member here.

I think you are talking about the GLC, do a search on here, you'll see peoples opinions of the car and its problems.

Mercedes charge silly rates for finance, salesman is keen as he gets commission. You are a cash buyer, cheapest way to finance car.

I'm getting rid if mine as I don't like the issues I've had and in my opinion it is dangerous to drive. (Seed my posts)

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

The Op is S T 4

I have more than one car.

What are you, some sort of Internet forum detective with nothing better to do than pick holes in a new members post?

I see you drive a Lexus. Why are you posting on a Mercedes forum. Please enlighten me and perhaps given your post count perhaps partake in discussing the issue at hand - the inability to specify a car from new the way I want to.

What is there to discuss? MB don't offer what you want, so go elsewhere!

I can recommend Lexus :thumb:

What is there to discuss? MB don't offer what you want, so go elsewhere!

I can recommend Lexus :thumb:

I don't want a hybrid and a GS-F is too expensive-if I had more money it would a worthy choice. A 250 might be too slow.

He's back

lolololololol !!!!!!!!

Buy an Audi that suits you down to the ground!lol

The problem is I don't want one. Having driven an A6 I know the car isn't for me. A 530d might be ok however.

I want a new E class with a large diesel engine but without air springs, but with a Burmiester sterio with sports seats without the black headlining.

Now, all the individual components are available for me to specify my new E class. It just seems that I cannot get them in the one car.

Has no-one else had this difficulty.

The problem is I don't want one. Having driven an A6 I know the car isn't for me. A 530d might be ok however.

I want a new E class with a large diesel engine but without air springs, but with a Burmiester sterio with sports seats without the black headlining.

Now, all the individual components are available for me to specify my new E class. It just seems that I cannot get them in the one car.

Has no-one else had this difficulty.

I got a nice E320 cdi for sale !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom