new mercedes w123 series help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timmyv

Car
mercedes w123 240d
hi everyone,i'm brand new to this or any forum so please bare with me,i have recently aquired a lovely 1983 mercedes 240D w123 series for a bit of a project car,the car still has mot and tax but needs a bit of tlc so i was looking for a few pointers towards a good supply of second hand parts and quality new parts so any help in the right direction much appreciated,the car has been lowered and i want to raise it back up to its original ride height so new springs all round,the o/s drivers side wing is rotten beyond repair so either a new one ? or second hand one? what's the best option? front valance is well ropey,drivers side seat feels like it's sank to the floor and any help to finding a colour match would be helpful,i know the paint code is on a plate on top of the rad but there are many numbers on there! also any help to finding new filter sets as my local gloucester branch of GFS could'nt help at all,nowt in stock or available,mechanically i know the 616 engine from vans i've had before but any other info would very helpful,thanks

Very comprehensive for the 123 but hardly anything for the 116! Have used secondhand wings on the 116 which were OK some bits from Mercman in Cornwall ( a really good service) and new from Mercedes-Benz of Poole who have a Classic spares department. Not cheap but again a very good service email [email protected]. He will take a lot of trouble locating obscure parts.

Should have of course mentioned Mark Cosovitch and W123 World the acknowledged expert in all things 123.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom