New Miracle Cure to engine wear and performance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

altreed

Car
c36 AMG, z3 2.8, BMW 330D Touring.... Bike: Yamaha T/cat 600, Z1r {gxsr1100 mota}, CR500 Aii
I just read an article claiming fantastic benefits....ASTA 3000 with numerous Belgian awards!

Has anyone got information or opinions on this marvelous product, before I part with £27 to find ut...

Cheers
Dave

I've used it, it's a two part treatment... one bottle is tipped in with the petrol, the other is added to the engine oil. I got mine off QVC when it was on a special promotion and bought it within the first few weeks of getting my current car. I'd have to say I didn't notice any difference at all in terms of before and after, the car ran just as sweet and the mpg didn't change.

Try it, you may notice a difference, I didn't but that's not to say it didn't do what was promised on the tin.

I remember using another product called 'Slick 50' on my old Peugeot... what a difference that made. The car had a manual choke and before treatment took approx 5 to 10 mins for the engine to reach normal running whereas after treatment the engine took about 1 to 2 mins to warm up.

S.

Last edited:
I have used Slick 50 before and also found it very good. Once while using it lost a sump plug on the way to work (5 min journey) put in new sump plug, refilled oil and ran the car for a further 40k without any noticable effect on the engine. A little concerned about using it on my current car though as it says in the handbook not to use oil addatives.

Altreed,Miracle Engine Treatment? if it sounds too good to be true,it probably is! Personally the only thing i would put in an engine of mine is good quality oil-save your £27 and buy some Mobil 1

Don't use aditives, especially Slick 50 or any other teflon based friction reducer.
They all contain ground up Teflon which possibly can't pass through the oil filter and blocks it. This can cause reduced oil pressure and unfiltered oil to circulate via the bypass.
In addition the particles can cause grinding to the bearing journals and the crankshaft.

Also Hydraulic tappets are not designed to run with particles.

Ian

All engines will run for a short time with no oil once lubricated and slick 50 will score the bearings whereas untreated engines will not.

You have been warned!

Many thanks for the info Dieselman. Ok so its now to the good oil then. Synthetic or normal? I just dont know the difference. I have been using GTX from my local motor factors, any advice here would be welcome (apologies for the thread hi jack)

Thanks for the heads-up dieselman, fortunately I've only used Slick50 on my old (long since dead) Peugeot 504. The ASTA 3000 treatment that I've used on the current car isn't a simple 'PTFE' friction reducer type product like the Slick50. Both 75ml bottles had clear liquid as I recall, no particulates.

S.

Just getting my 2 pennys worth,have to agree with Dieselman, don't use Slick 50, had an old Toyota Camry which ran perfectly well till i put some in and the next morning the tappets rattled, after a couple of weeks i did an engine flush and put in some new oil and they were still noisy,it really messed them up, next door neighbour has car now and has changed oil twice,the noise is just beginning to go.

hee hee

Mixed feelings there. I had an old B reg Golf GTI. I gave it 3 slick50 treatments over 3 years and it clocked up 140k miles and was still good for 120 Mph. I rate the product. However it was bucket/shim style tappets. Not Hydraullic ones. I take note of that.

I am pleased that someone has passed comment, I was tempted to put it in my c36. Maybe not then.

Personally don't think oil additives in the long run can be of much benefit to a modern engine using fully synthetic oil.

Unfortunately, there are some folk who still get fooled by phoney science into thinking magnets on the fuel line will increase their mpg :crazy:

Ref : Unfortunately, there are some folk who still get fooled by phoney science into thinking magnets on the fuel line will increase their mpg.

They dont? Dammit. I've just fitted 10 in a row to my car. I was expecting about 120 miles per gallon :D

Magnets do work. You need to use about 50 of them and then another 50 on next doors sports car. Then just follow your neighbour to work.

What I was actually wondering is, has anybody herd of an oil additive with a name something like ZX I. I have been recommended to use it, but can’t seem to find it on sale anywhere. Also if you do know of it, what is your advice regarding its merits?

Last edited:
sdh said:
Magnets do work. You need to use about 50 of them and then another 50 on next doors sports car. Then just follow your neighbour to work.

What I was actually wondering is, has anybody herd of an oil additive with a name something like ZX I. I have been recommended to use it, but can’t seem to find it on sale anywhere. Also if you do know of it, what is your advice regarding its merits?
Errr...magnets don't attract each other do they? But rather, repel each other??? Never mind, perhaps your neighbour has a particularly repellent car anyway - a BMW or some such ... :rolleyes: My mate who ran a garage for many years always said 'chuck a can of Wynn's in it' if anything rattled or whined - not so much an additive, more an act of faith - I never noticed a blind bit of difference to any of the old nails I drove in those days (Rover 3500, Merc. 300D, Volvo 244)

I must admit to using "slick 50" a few times in the past with no noticable negative effects (but the engines I used it on were very old designs).
If you search around the net there are a lot of articles that echo DEISELMAN's coments.

http://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/AUTO/F_Slick_501.html#SLICK_005

Im not sure I would use it anymore in a modern engine.

Hi all,

In my opinion oil additives are a waste of time. Specially the Teflon/PTFE based stuff. The claim that the teflon will stick to the cylinder bores don't seem correct. If any of you cook with teflon coated pans? Remember how much trouble Tefal had with their teflon coating to stick to the metal? Even with the latest versions if you get near it with a bit of metal it just scrapes off.

As a matter of fact, I've seen oil filters clogged after putting additives in the oil.

Some none teflon based additives will become very accidic after some heat and oxidation occurs.

Just use the best synthetic oil and change it as often as you can afford.

regards,

Job

fwb44 said:
Errr...magnets don't attract each other do they? But rather, repel each other???

Dpends on which way round you have the polarity of the magnets. You can get them to either repell or attract each other :)

Think opposites attract ie N-S / S-N but S-S / N-N will repell.

WitchDoctor territory again!!!! Try sacrificing a few chickens instead. At least you can eat them afterwards. Otherwise Asta (3000) la vista baby to your cash.

Slick 50 were successsfully sued by the government in the US. Millions of $ worth of compensation claims later followed.

None of these 'snake oil' additive companies are allowed to be sold in the US now due to their false claims.

Dont touch *any* of them!

Its funny that people still think that some duffer working in his garden shed will be able to come up with some new all singing and all dancing oil additive that the likes of Mobil, with their multimillion pound research fund and their army of scientists couldnt discover themselves????

I have found the info on zx1 at:
http://www.team-zx1.co.uk/main.cfm#zx1microoil
This one doe's not use PTFE or any particulates.
I haven’t as yet found any independent test results.
Has anybody used this product? What is your verdict?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom