New mobile required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lennox

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GTD /A6 Ultra - Merc next time!!
I'm currently running a 2 year old IPhone 6 Plus. And to be honest it's not going anywhere. However, I need a 2nd phone to run as either my work phone, work phone or both.

Basically I'm looking at either buying outright a new iPhone 7 plus or I fancy one of the new Xiaomi mi max/mix or huawei p8 max phones.

I was about to order a Samsung galaxy note 7 until they blew up, so is there anything else I should consider?

Oh and I'm a phablet fan boy so bigger is better.

I'm currently running a 2 year old IPhone 6 Plus. And to be honest it's not going anywhere. However, I need a 2nd phone to run as either my work phone, work phone or both.

Basically I'm looking at either buying outright a new iPhone 7 plus or I fancy one of the new Xiaomi mi max/mix or huawei p8 max phones.

I was about to order a Samsung galaxy note 7 until they blew up, so is there anything else I should consider?

Oh and I'm a phablet fan boy so bigger is better.

The Galaxy S7 Edge is a great phone with large screen, but to be honest you will probably be better off just getting an iPhone 7 Plus - otherwise it can get confusing when running an Android phone and iOS phone in parallel.

I've never owned an iPhone so can't comment on those, but have had several Android ones over the last few years, mainly Chinese things. These have been good for around 12 months of ownership, though after that most have developed niggly little faults, mainly software related. I suppose a factory reset would solve some of the problems but I can never be bothered as they're normally getting trashed by that time in my less than careful ownership.

The best of them was probably the Ulefone power, mainly for the battery life (3+ hard days) though it did come packed with a lot of irrelevant software. Once this was removed however it was a good phone until I dropped it and it started opening apps when it wanted to and not when I wanted them opened.

Like you, I was looking at the Note, though with all it's issues I went for the Galaxy 7 Edge instead. Only had it a week or so but I must admit to being impressed so far. It's light, easy to use and has loads of flashy features, most of which I'll never use. The battery lasts a good day, which is taking a bit of getting used to, though it has a fast charge feature which is handy for emergencies. It does come with an awful amount of Samsung apps which I'm sure will come in handy for something, just not sure what really...

As for the bigger is better, I would agree. the Edge has a 5.5" screen, yet this is in a comparatively small handset, so the best of both worlds really. I also looked at the HTC10, but the Samsung won me over with the curved screen and the subtle sizing.

TL;DR: Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge is a very good phone, and will do what you want without exploding. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom