New model C class phone set up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C-Man

Hi folks,

Im new to the forum, but have had MBs for many years. I've always found them good value, and my 190/C-class motors have never cost me more than a Mondeo overall. As a private buyer I just cant afford to buy anything less! :)

Ive just traded in a much loved C200 Kompressor after five happy years and taken delivery of my new-model C class 220 Cdi (2007- ). :bannana:

It was a demonstrator and it has arrived with phone pre-wiring installed ( mic, spkrs, keypad, bluetooth).

To connect my phone in to the system and hold it in place while I'm driving I need to buy a cradle for the phone. This is basically a shaped piece of plastic with a plug on the end to hold the phone, and which will sit on a ledge in the central console. I reckon it would cost someone a fiver to bring it in from China! However, being MB they want £150 for this piece of plastic with a plug on the end, which quite frankly is taking the p**s big time, and its not a company car so I'm paying the bill myself.

It's clearly not worth £150 of my after tax income, but I am equally sure that there will a load of after-market companies out there who will already have their eye on this sort of thing. Can any one of you kind souls point me in the direction of a suitable firm?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Would it be too late to go back to the dealer and see if you can squeeze one out them (I got mine included in the deal)? Did you expect that it would work with phone straight off?

The holders for the previous C Class are regularly on eBay but I would guess it'll be years before the new ones appear.

I thought they'd sorted out bluetooth on the new C Class, so that the phone would simply connect without any other hardware?

As Rory says, if your car has bluetooth, can you not just leave your phone in your pocket?

Hi folks,

Im new to the forum, but have had MBs for many years. I've always found them good value, and my 190/C-class motors have never cost me more than a Mondeo overall. As a private buyer I just cant afford to buy anything less! :)

Ive just traded in a much loved C200 Kompressor after five happy years and taken delivery of my new-model C class 220 Cdi (2007- ). :bannana:

It was a demonstrator and it has arrived with phone pre-wiring installed ( mic, spkrs, keypad, bluetooth).

To connect my phone in to the system and hold it in place while I'm driving I need to buy a cradle for the phone. This is basically a shaped piece of plastic with a plug on the end to hold the phone, and which will sit on a ledge in the central console. I reckon it would cost someone a fiver to bring it in from China! However, being MB they want £150 for this piece of plastic with a plug on the end, which quite frankly is taking the p**s big time, and its not a company car so I'm paying the bill myself.

It's clearly not worth £150 of my after tax income, but I am equally sure that there will a load of after-market companies out there who will already have their eye on this sort of thing. Can any one of you kind souls point me in the direction of a suitable firm?

Many thanks in anticipation,

What phone is it? I don't have pre-wire in the E-class so have a cradle sat here - yours for £75 delivered. It is part number B6 787 5846 and supports 6230i/6230/6220. It charges the phone too which is the big drawback with Bluetooth!

I'm almost certain that there are no 3rd party products out there

The new W204 has bluetooth phone built in, you don't need the pre-wire, but the pre-wire works with cradles and bluetooth SAp cradle. (and gets you the nice display and steering wheel buttons on some models (standard on others, maybee std on all UK cars)

So ignore the cradles, and just tell COMAND to pair with your bluetooth phone

R

ps, that was from my reading of the manuals etc, could be wrong of course

The new W204 has bluetooth phone built in, you don't need the pre-wire, but the pre-wire works with cradles and bluetooth SAp cradle. (and gets you the nice display and steering wheel buttons on some models (standard on others, maybee std on all UK cars)

So ignore the cradles, and just tell COMAND to pair with your bluetooth phone

R

ps, that was from my reading of the manuals etc, could be wrong of course

This is my understanding too. The W204 C Class is equipped with a Bluetooth system as standard. The cradle simply allows the phone to be charged from what I have been told.

No aftermarket manufacturers will make / supply this now. It is also unlikley to be available in the near future. We're only just starting to see a third party bluetooth adaptor for the pre UHI Mercedes handsfree systems, some 7 years after they were launched!

If you really want a cradle, can't you buy this and claim it back on expenses as a phone charger (albeit an expensive one!) or as car maintenance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom