New model in the range?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kinky

MB Enthusiast
Car
All sorts of odds n sods
Sat in BK in Camberley at lunchtime today, when a black car pulled up outside and parked up.

Mrs K asked which MB model it was, as she had never seen it before, and looked like a cross between an MR2, Chimera and SLK. I was quite excited thinking it might be an SLR.

I could not see it as I had my back to it, but I turned around and all I could see was the front wing and wheel.

There were no markings on it, except for the MB centre cap on the alloy. It looked well cool but not an MB car as the front was too short.

It turned out to be the new Smart Roadster, and I have to say - it did look well cool. The front is very Tuscanesque, the rear is very new model MR2ish.

Anyone driven one? Any opinions?

K

LOL !

My Brother (AKA Smartbrabus on here) has got one . . . he has had it mistaken for a Lotus before now, and now has Ferrari Badges on it just to confuse people even more

And as he will confirm, they drive GREAT !!!

S.

:D :D :D

Funnily enough I haven't had mine confused with an SLR yet... it could probably fit inside the SLR's engine bay :)

It does throw you when you see it.

Especially just the front wing and MB alloy ..... that ain't no MB.

I also did not know that the Smart Roadster was out yet (had seen loads of pics).

And yeah - looks like the Elise too, esp from 3/4 rear view.

Originally posted by Kinky

It turned out to be the new Smart Roadster, and I have to say - it did look well cool. The front is very Tuscanesque, the rear is very new model MR2ish.

Anyone driven one? Any opinions?

K

Does the roadster have a bigger rubber band in it than the regular smart ?:D

Nope - same rubber band, but its doubled up to get more power (also means you have to stop twice as often to wind it up) :D

>> he has had it mistaken for a Lotus before now.

Umm it doesn't look anything like a lotus :mad:

Gav.

Saw one last week - a friend has got a canary yellow one.

Looked inside and was well impressed, nice sounds and general quality feel to it. Can't comment on anything else as it was a party and I was too pi£$ed to drive it....

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom