New MP3 Player needed, help required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
As most of you know I do a lot of travel and my not so trusty mp3 player has died again, ipod classic less than 2 years old and Apple don't want to know but I'm travelling at the weekend and need a new player fast. So definitely not going down the apple route again this is the 3rd one thats failed in just over as many years, so whats out there that is good. Can't be any bigger than an ipod classic or touch.

Second topic does anyone know how I can convert my itunes library to mp3 only or export it to another music player library in mp3 format, I know how to do it album by album but is there and automated way or software to do this?

As always TIA

Second topic does anyone know how I can convert my itunes library to mp3 only or export it to another music player library in mp3 format, I know how to do it album by album but is there and automated way or software to do this?
Take a look at dBpoweramp. It's probably the most feature-rich CD ripper and music format convertor available. You can run it in batch mode to convert entire libraries if you want to, and you even get full control over file/folder naming and tagging.

Why not just get a monster sized memory card for your phone and use that?

You'll struggle with a portable player at about 200GB.

Get a wee netbook that has a headphone socket and a big enough HDD

You'll struggle with a portable player at about 200GB.

Get a wee netbook that has a headphone socket and a big enough HDD

Yep I think you are right, my classic was 160Gb not 180 as I previously posted, already got a Samsung netbook, Samsung Chromebook and Samsung Galaxy Tablet but need something mobile phone size, think I may have to compromise on memory size by the looks of it

Yep I think you are right, my classic was 160Gb not 180 as I previously posted, already got a Samsung netbook, Samsung Chromebook and Samsung Galaxy Tablet but need something mobile phone size, think I may have to compromise on memory size by the looks of it
Depending upon what failed in the classics, but usually it is the disk, you can get SSD type replacement disks @ 200- 250 GB now - the battery will last much longer, so will the unit since spinning disks were never that great for music-on-the-move. Been thinking of upgrading my classic this way. A bit fiddly to strip the ipod down but if it's broken, not much risk. Plenty of videos on youtube.

+1 for dbPoweramp. Not free, but then if you want something that works, it's worth paying a bit.

Depending upon what failed in the classics, but usually it is the disk, you can get SSD type replacement disks @ 200- 250 GB now - the battery will last much longer, so will the unit since spinning disks were never that great for music-on-the-move. Been thinking of upgrading my classic this way. A bit fiddly to strip the ipod down but if it's broken, not much risk. Plenty of videos on youtube.

+1 for dbPoweramp. Not free, but then if you want something that works, it's worth paying a bit.

Thanks for that very interesting Google here I come :D

Seems to be a load of stuff on here
Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread

Be careful to get the right drive interface and voltage. Maybe best to strip your old one down first to be sure. Also seen some posts about putting a 256GB SD with an adapter in there but that might make the operating system barf. You don't need high performance.

Seems to be a load of stuff on here
Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread

Be careful to get the right drive interface and voltage. Maybe best to strip your old one down first to be sure. Also seen some posts about putting a 256GB SD with an adapter in there but that might make the operating system barf. You don't need high performance.

Just been reading up theres also a compact flash card conversion that keeps the same depth so it doesn't rattle about inside.

I now have 2 options SWMBO's pal is kindly donating me her iPhone 4s as she is upgrading to a 5s, so I'll give the iPod classic conversion a whirl just need to study a bit more to see what is within my capabilities but thanks for the heads up on this really appreciate it and would have never thought of it myself :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom