New NTG2 V15 map disk just released.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
that is less than a year from V14....at £150+ a pop, I cannot call that a good value for money.... You can buy top of the range Garmin with all bells and whistles with lifetime maps updates for less than £250...fortunatelly, already have nuvi3490 Garmin for my Land Rover and won't be buying Merc updates....

just my 2p

Some customers do choose to update every year. We recommend they do it every three years so they see a significant change.

Most customers however go from very early versions such as V4 straight up to the latest one so its not a commitment to upgrade every year.

The pricing is relatively good compared to what they used to cost.
Some choose to have external units others like the up to date integrated solution.

that is less than a year from V14....at £150+ a pop, I cannot call that a good value for money.... You can buy top of the range Garmin with all bells and whistles with lifetime maps updates for less than £250...fortunatelly, already have nuvi3490 Garmin for my Land Rover and won't be buying Merc updates....

just my 2p

Careful ................... my post was deleted linking to a Sat nav website thats been selling genuine Mercedes Navi dvds for years at £29.99

£150 is simply a rip off

IMHO

banana.gif

I thought you werent going to post on this forum any longer?

Genuine discs for £29.99. :rolleyes: I actually went through my history and found the site you linked too. You clearly missed the bit on their homepage that says we sell backups and the part in their T&Cs that say:

"IMPORTANT: To purchase these back-up satnav discs you must own the original . These satnav discs are for back-up purposes only. When Purchasing any of these sat nav discs, we therefore assume you have the original in your possession. Our function is strictly to backup your original software to protect it from damage, accidental or otherwise. We provide these back-ups as a service"

You stalking me ?

The software is genuine MB at no point did I suggest that the discs were OEM.

£150 is a rip off anyway you want to look at it.

Forums usually are suppose to share information to its members, if the forum wishes to selectively filter information to its members then that's the forum owners prerogative.

People can read cant they that's or they wouldn't be here, removing choices from them on this forum is again up to the forum owners and the sponsors,
if that's the way the forum is then fair enough I can accept that but its a shame the same old story continues of over priced MB parts.

I like to see MB owners get a fair deal for a change especially on older cars where a repair bill overpriced by ridiculous parts prices and MB labour charges sends the car to the scrap yard.

Have fun.

Last edited:
You stalking me ?

The software is genuine MB at no point did I suggest that the discs were OEM.

Forums usually are suppose to share information to its members, if the forum wishes to selectively filter information to its members then that's the forum owners prerogative.

People can read cant they that's or they wouldn't be here, removing choices from them on this forum is again up to the forum owners and the sponsors,
if that's the way the forum is then fair enough I can accept that but its a shame the same old story continues of over priced MB parts.

I like to see MB owners get a fair deal for a change especially on older cars where a repair bill overpriced by ridiculous parts prices and MB labour charges sends the car to the scrap yard.

Have fun.

You clearly have not done your research.

The software on those sites is pirated copies. The pitfalls of using such are well documented. Fine if you are prepared to break the law and risk your navigation drive. Genuine Mercedes disks used to be a lot more expensive than they are now. Sure some people find them too expensive. Others do not. If you do not wish to pay the price then that is your choice. It may be a rip off to you but its not to others.

As for overpriced servicing you clearly havnt looked around. There are many dealers who offer significant discounts for owners of older cars and of course there are very good independent dealers who use genuine parts.

Perhaps if you are so unhappy with Mercedes running costs, you should look at running a different vehicle more suited to your budget. Something like a Kia, proton or Daewoo perhaps.

You clearly have not done your research.

The software on those sites is pirated copies. The pitfalls of using such are well documented. Fine if you are prepared to break the law and risk your navigation drive. Genuine Mercedes disks used to be a lot more expensive than they are now. Sure some people find them too expensive. Others do not. If you do not wish to pay the price then that is your choice. It may be a rip off to you but its not to others.

As for overpriced servicing you clearly havnt looked around. There are many dealers who offer significant discounts for owners of older cars and of course there are very good independent dealers who use genuine parts.

Perhaps if you are so unhappy with Mercedes running costs, you should look at running a different vehicle more suited to your budget. Something like a Kia, proton or Daewoo perhaps.

I'm some kind of pleb then ?

LMAO

I hope your elitist over priced attitude increases sales for you.

I already stated if you bothered to read my post that people have a choice, its just this forum offers none as the posts are deleted.

Please feel free to report the website selling pirated software as its illegal to do so.

Have fun.

Last edited:
I'm some kind of pleb then ?

Dont know. Are you?

E270 Owner said:

Me too.:)

E270 Owner said:
I hope your elitist over priced attitude increases sales for you.

Hardly elitist, I went to a comprehensive school and had a very normal middle class upbringing. As for over priced, the prices include a very small profit.

E270 Owner said:
I already stated if you bothered to read my post that people have a choice, its just this forum offers none as the posts are deleted.

Please feel free to report the website selling pirated software as its illegal to do so.

Are you claiming your posts are censored? What the forum does do, and does it rather well, is it prohibits the promotion of illegal services. Where others sell goods that are legally obtained, the forum is equal to all.

E270 Owner said:
Have fun.

I do, most days, thank you.

So, it seems that you feel £150 is a rip off so you are advocating stealing it or paying someone else to steal it and you receive the stolen goods.

I'm sure that there are low-life out there that think paying £1000s for your car is a rip-off, so are you advocating they should steal your car, or pay some other low-life 10% of its value to steal it for them ????
- As there are low-life out there doing exactly that, all the honest people have to pay more (in the case of my example, in insurance premiums)
- I'm sure you agree that the quicker these low-life are stopped the better -

If you don't want to pay for a brand new map disk because you feel it is expensive (or because you'd prefer to spend your money on something more important to you), then go buy a used on on eBay that is 1 or 2 years old.

R

I'm not a sponsor, just an ordinary member.

As you've pointed out, selling pirated software is illegal. The rules here are that you must not post links to such sites. If you don't agree with the rules, don't use the forum.

I'm sure someone out there loves you.

:)

Hmm I now disingenuous.........when did i ever state I was being sincere with anyone ?

Surely a one line poke like that is disingenuous :)

Hello,

how many dvd to cover the world ?

And they cannot be used for the new c-class 2014 ?

Thanks.

What update is there for my newly acquired W211 E Class 2007, post facelift. It has Comand with the DVD disc in the boot.

Alfie, other than road coverage are there any other features enabled by this update. Just checked and I have the original 2007 disk in mine. I see on your website that you have an update disk for £25, is this a must have and what does this do that I would notice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom