New numberplate - opinions needed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sbmcb22

Car
C250
Transferring my private reg onto a white C250...getting my plates made up....is having the merc badge on the left side sad or nice?? Honest opinions pls :)

Transferring my private reg onto a white C250...getting my plates made up....is having the merc badge on the left side sad or nice?? Honest opinions pls :)

Sad and also not legal. You can only have approved flags, e.g. Euro or Union Jack etc.

Didn't know that it was illegal!! - kinda answers my question then! Thanks v much :)

Your car already has a Mercedes badge at the front and at the back.

It doesn't need any more.

Personal plates look better with just the Reg number, no badges or flags.

Your car already has a Mercedes badge at the front and at the back.

It doesn't need any more.

It makes me cringe when seeing MB's with plates with a dodgy looking badge on the left of the plate, with the badge as a repeating hologram all over the rest of the plate plus the model designation on the bottom too, that is overkill :doh:

Doesn't look that bad with just a badge on the left.

Huge thanks people...agree with the poster who said the car has enough MB logos on it already. Think I'll be sticking to the plain old font then :) Appreciate the feedback!

Personal plates look better with just the Reg number, no badges or flags.

I agree about not having the three pointed star on the plate... not sure what's the issue with a standard EU/GB logo though?

Makes the plate look unbalanced and upsets the symmetry of the plate

If you drive abroad then the GB plate is fine, saves getting a fine.

But go with this..

legal.2.jpg

Not one with a Georges cross or a Bulldog shagging some Chav.

Or to save your plate looking ugly and unbalanced , get yourself an adhesive / magnetic GB badge and pop it on for when you are abroad.

If buying online from one of the 'Showplate' manufacturers, they have the option of selecting road legal plates with all the legal variations.

Euro plate is the best way to go IMO. more modern and continental than our standard plate.

1st thing I do when I get a new car is get a new set of Euro plates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom