New OEM parts - best discount?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m1br

Car
RS250,318D,E220 SE
Is there a recommended OEM parts seller that might offer a worthwhile discount to forum members?

Before I ring around for a new engine cover - and yes I'm a careless ****...

:fail

Mercedes had a clampdown on third party suppliers of new genuine parts a while back so pretty thin on the ground. Your best bet may be second hand from German ebay etc

Don't dismiss the main dealers. Remember to ask for a discount!

Mercedes had a clampdown on third party suppliers of new genuine parts a while back so pretty thin on the ground. Your best bet may be second hand from German ebay etc

Indeed, MB do supply original parts to 3rd party garages (they have to, due to block exemption), but on condition that the indies are only allowed to fit the parts themselves, not sell them on.

And unlike service parts, an engine cover will only available direct from MB, or second hand from breakers / eBay, but not OEM.

Is there a recommended OEM parts seller that might offer a worthwhile discount to forum members?

Before I ring around for a new engine cover - and yes I'm a careless ****...

:fail

Give us a call on Thursday with your VIN number and Ill quote you.

Thanks gents, I'll make the calls tomorrow.

I found to my cost that the new E220Cdi engine cover no longer just lifts off at the front FFS.

In a rush as I spilt oil whilst topping her up, I tugged at the front edges to lift it off - but the new cover has a 90deg twist lock catch at the front.

And when its -2c these stupid things crack easily if you try and lift a corner.
Made from walnut shells of some other ****e? Feels like CF but is VERY brittle....

Steve

Problem with newer plastic parts...Hope you manage to source one soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom