New old car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice....but the worse number plate obscuring ever...RY02 RXN!

According to the DVLA its certainly not one owner and is black!!

And was advertised twice last year twice last year...

5/09/2023Mercedes-Benz, Petrol, Black, 2.0L15,265£7,989
21/04/2023Mercedes-Benz, Petrol, Black, 2.0L15,264£8,989

Last edited:
Nice....but the worse number plate obscuring ever...RY02 RXN!

According to the DVLA its certainly not one owner and is black!!

And was advertised twice last year twice last year...

5/09/2023Mercedes-Benz, Petrol, Black, 2.0L15,265£7,989
21/04/2023Mercedes-Benz, Petrol, Black, 2.0L15,264£8,989
Very impressive you must be a detective, it’s actually almandine metallic 🙄

To be fair to Mr Alfa, you did state one owner and it seems it isn't.....
Was this news to you?

Almost museum level mileage and condition though (it looks like)👍
What the plan for it, presuming it's not going to be your daily (is it?)

Definitely museum mileage and hopefully in excellent order.

We like Almadinschwarz (Almandine black). So much more interesting than flat black in different lights

I spent many happy (?) hours rushing back and forward to German and French airports in these back in the day. Massively capable - and no stranger to being 300,000+ kms yet as new.

What’s the plan? Daily or High Days and holidays?

I’m sure you’re already on it like a bonnet but do check those tyres, liquids and lubrication on a 20 year old low mileage car, if you haven’t gone over it already. It’s more than likely to be on its original rubber, and they won’t be safe now at motorway or enthusiastic speeds. Likewise a CTEK (once) to revive the battery would make sure it starts on these cold winter mornings without needing a new battery.

Great car !

To be fair to Mr Alfa, you did state one owner and it seems it isn't.....
Was this news to you?

Almost museum level mileage and condition though (it looks like)👍
What the plan for it, presuming it's not going to be your daily (is it?)
I find it difficult to be fair to a keyboard warrior, whilst obscuring my reg. for my privacy may have been a poor attempt it is not for him to advertise it! with his detective skills I assumed it was obvious that I’m the second owner.
anyway on a more positive note the car will be used albeit light use

Definitely museum mileage and hopefully in excellent order.

We like Almadinschwarz (Almandine black). So much more interesting than flat black in different lights

I spent many happy (?) hours rushing back and forward to German and French airports in these back in the day. Massively capable - and no stranger to being 300,000+ kms yet as new.

What’s the plan? Daily or High Days and holidays?

I’m sure you’re already on it like a bonnet but do check those tyres, liquids and lubrication on a 20 year old low mileage car, if you haven’t gone over it already. It’s more than likely to be on its original rubber, and they won’t be safe now at motorway or enthusiastic speeds. Likewise a CTEK (once) to revive the battery would make sure it starts on these cold winter mornings without needing a new battery.

Great car !
Thanks Mike, I’ve gone over the basics myself but it is going in for a detailed inspection on Friday and the CTEK is charged and ready 👍

Well, if you are looking only for positive remarks stop reading this post now.

I've never seen one of these that's not rusty. 2L the worst engine available for that model IMO. Probably bought new by some old geezer buying his last car with economy at the front of his mind. Lots of short trips, long periods of inactivity, rarely got up to operating temperature. Miles may be low but I'd bet a high % of them are hard miles.

Google 'the myth of low mileage'.

P.S. How is Alfa a keyboard warrior for pointing out you misstated the number of owners? As a brand new member of less than 24 hours standing trying to pick a fight in your first 3 posts can I suggest you wind your neck in?

Last edited:

I've never seen one of these that's not rusty. 2L the worst engine available for that model IMO. Probably bought new by some old geezer buying his last car with economy at the front of his mind. Lots of short trips, long periods of inactivity, rarely got up to operating temperature. Miles may be low but I'd bet a high % of them are hard miles.

P.S. How is Alfa a keyboard warrior for pointing out you misstated the number of owners? As a brand new member of less than 24 hours standing trying to pick a fight in your first 3 posts can I suggest you wind your neck in?
Yet another one OMG!!!

To me fair, the OPs come on here to show us is new motor and is chuffed with it, and i don't blame him, it's very nice. Only to told by some, it's the wrong colour, it's not 1 owner, it's the worst engine, it must be rusty, and despite it's low mileage, it's had a hard life etc. WHY? :dk:
Wouldn't blame him if he doesn't bother with the forum any more. 🙄

Interesting car, a rare colour. I see it’s running halogen headlights, Elegance spec I’m guessing? As it has the standard grille but chrome bumper strips.

What interior have you got? Any interesting extras?

You’ve got an auto dimming rear view mirror which I think might have been an extra. I’m a sad b**tard 😂 but I personally do like a low mileage car. It’s like buying a new car but stepping back in time.

Absolutely no need for that.

Hope you stick around @Stevegq5 I much prefer hearing about older stuff. Keep us posted on how you get on with your new/old car ;)

Alternatively, With that spec and what we can see so far of the condition, I'd suggest....

Diplomat, business or international non-dom owner, probably permanently garaged.
The same engine that was routinely taken up to 300,000+ kms by taxi drivers across Europe.
Agreed that it won't have got up to operating temperature, or seen a motorway. But does town use really imply "hard miles?" I bought a similar ten year old black W221 from the Thai Embassy with 20k on the clock. It showed an average speed of 9mph since new and I think the average mpg was around 9 as well. Apart from a "handbrake" that was jammed off when I got it, it gave me 20,000 trouble free miles.

It'll be interesting to hear how often it's been serviced. Mine had been done annually, just less than 2,000 miles a year. Main agent, of course.

Last edited:
Lovely car, I have one the same colour "Almandine black" beautiful colour when its out in the sun. I'm sure it will serve you well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom