New (old) forum member saying hello again, 190E 2.6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ace571

Car
190E 2.6, Sportline spec
Thought I'd say hello to the forum again! :D

I previously ran a 2012 C350 CDI but betrayed the brand and moved to BMW :devil:

Still have a BMW, but I've always wanted a proper old school Merc to enjoy, so started looking and have now bought a 190E 2.6.

This car has been recently owned by a 190E forum member who spent a lot of time and money refreshing it. I bought it on Friday (yes, on Valentine's day!). I suspect those of you on here who like 190s might have seen this car?

I will post a detailed message a bit later, but a strange bright object is in the sky and the sky itself is an oddly attractive blue colour, so I'm off for a drive.

Top line spec:

1993, K
108k miles
2.6 Auto
Grey Anthracite metallic
Sportline wheels
Sportline interior
Sportline chassis

More details to follow, but I suffice to say I love it!

Welcome back and in some style too if you dont mind me saying so.

Welcome and a very nice 190 too, I had a k reg 2.6 one too reg ending KRL
Good performance and fuel economy only sold it due the family growing lol

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if I have the VIN right that car does not have a Sportline chassis. The chaps over on Mercedes-190.co.uk tend to call anything lowered even a fraction a Sportline.

They really should know better.
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/977407-post9.html

hrmyb7.jpg

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if I have the VIN right that car does not have a Sportline chassis. The chaps over on Mercedes-190.co.uk tend to call anything lowered even a fraction a Sportline.

They really should know better.
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/977407-post9.html

hrmyb7.jpg

Neil, that car has been comprehensively restored using genuine sportline suspension parts etc etc by the previous owner. You should really try and find out more information before posting such.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words Gentlemen, it's lovely to be back, not only on this fine forum but behind the wheel of a Mercedes :thumb:

Neilr, as stwat points out while the car is not a factory Sportline, the car has been lovingly restored by it's former keeper.
He was clearly a switched on enthusiast as most the chassis has been renewed with Sportline components - springs, dampers, wishbones, top mounts, subframe bushes etc
Wheels are 7x15 Sportline/Cosworth.
Full interior is from a 2.5 16, steering wheel the smaller SRS version.

From my limited understanding that's pretty comprehensive. The car is a credit to it's former keepers :cool:

Good luck with your car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom