New Orleans / Anyone been, any places a Must See ?

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by pmcgsmurf, May 14, 2018.

1. pmcgsmurf

pmcgsmurf Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, E220 Avant. W211 (and some Imps)
    Off to New Orleans for 8 nights end of this week.

I've got a list of places to see and tours to do etc.

Anyone been and know any good things/places to see or "great" bars?

2. Bryan Allman

Bryan Allman Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W212 E63 62, SLK55 62. 16 Cylinders, 11 Litres, 8 Exhausts, 2 Turbos. Putting the carbon back
    You will no doubt have been told to visit The French Quarter for all the best bars, music etc. There are hundreds of bars there and it can be a nightmare trying to find the best - so here's a selection to get you going for three nights.

Fritzels - Bourbon St. - The only real Jazz club in Bourbon St - The rest are Blues Bars - Hundreds of them, some good many not so.

The Palm Court Jazz Cafe - Decatur St - A Proper restaurant but you have to book - Only open Wed-Sun.

The Spotted Cat - Frenchmen St - Very small, usually packed, but brilliant atmosphere and music.

These three are all live music venues with no entry cost. Most venues are the same. The rule is to buy at least one drink during each set (not expensive) and to tip the act ( usually $10) All are cash only. There are some venues that try to charge an entry fee - don't bother with them, they are no better and sometimes much worse than the others. Fritzels is open most of the day, the rest are best to get there early evening to secure your place.

It's safe to walk to each of these venues.

Have fun, you will enjoy it :)

pmcgsmurf likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    pmcgsmurf

pmcgsmurf Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, E220 Avant. W211 (and some Imps)
    Thanks Bryan, excellent stuff.

We're staying at the Intercontinental on St. Charles so quite close to these places.

Looking forward to it, I must admit to I wrote of USA many years ago but once I figured out you get obnoxious rude people anywhere thought I would give it a go again.

Been back many times and love the laid back attitude down south in the likes of Memphis, Atlanta, Nashville etc. so thought we would give New Orleans a go this year.