New owner - CLS55 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nicfaz

Car
CLS55 AMG
Today I purchased Sean (C240Sport97)'s CLS55 AMG. It's great!

You Sir, are a man of taste and distinction

pics please once you clean it up and get it shiny :)

I miss it!

You've bought a very nice car there! Enjoy it and please put the 19" style 3's it deserves on it ;)

Perfect, any pics / plans?

I'm looking to get one later this year. :)

Great buy great car. Definitely change the wheels imo. ;)

You've bought a very nice car there! Enjoy it and please put the 19" style 3's it deserves on it ;)

Thanks! I do like the 19" style 3's, but I can see Sean's argument too - the ride is slightly better, the handling not notably worse and the finance side is worse (£??? for the 19"s then an extra £40 per tyre in future). Maybe I'll be more tempted once I've worn the fairly new tyres down to the limit...

Perfect, any pics / plans?

I'm looking to get one later this year. :)

I have no pics of my own, but if you look at Sean's posts you can find lots of pics of it - I'll post some of my own once I've got it cleaned and waxed.

I had no plans other than it is fulfillment of a long held dream to own/drive a v8, so I thought I would go for one of the best v8's ever made! However, I'm forming a tentative plan to visit the "EVO triangle" in summer, which is not far from me, now that I have a car worthy of it.

Great buy great car. Definitely change the wheels imo. ;)

Thanks! I'll enjoy it as is for now, but never say never ;)

I've been trying to get Sean to change those wheels to 19" ever since he bought the car. Such a stubborn man :rolleyes:

to my eyes, the 18" wheels suit the car and its reticence :)

Congratulations on the purchase, excellent choice, albeit a biased one! ;)

Took the CLS on a mundane trip today - 5 miles through country lanes to the local village for my dentist appointment. Normally this would be unremarkable, but in the CLS it is an event. Firstly, the sound it makes when the engine booms into life makes my chuckle. Then as I drive through the village I suddenly notice that people are looking at the car - about 50% of people are actively looking, turning their heads as it goes by. I'm not a showy person so I'm not sure that's a good thing! Then when I get back, my elderly next door neighbour comes racing round exclaiming "new car? My favourite car ever, the most beautiful car Mercedes have ever made. What engine? Five and a half litres? Good God!"

I didn't get about 2.5k revs or 50mph, yet the car still put a smile on my face.

Took the CLS on a mundane trip today - 5 miles through country lanes to the local village for my dentist appointment. Normally this would be unremarkable, but in the CLS it is an event. Firstly, the sound it makes when the engine booms into life makes my chuckle. Then as I drive through the village I suddenly notice that people are looking at the car - about 50% of people are actively looking, turning their heads as it goes by. I'm not a showy person so I'm not sure that's a good thing! Then when I get back, my elderly next door neighbour comes racing round exclaiming "new car? My favourite car ever, the most beautiful car Mercedes have ever made. What engine? Five and a half litres? Good God!"

I didn't get about 2.5k revs or 50mph, yet the car still put a smile on my face.

have you cleaned it? everyone will look when it's shiny and glossy :)

great to hear that you are having fun with it

have you cleaned it? everyone will look when it's shiny and glossy :)

great to hear that you are having fun with it

Yes it's had a wash, though a 10-mile round trip on dirty country lanes has undone most of the good work! I am investigating the right person to do a full wash with a proper wax afterwards, that will happen soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom