New owner in Aylesbury

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landie1

Car
C220 CDI AMG Sport
Evening all, just introducing myself. My name is Andy and as stated above from Aylesbury. Just bought myself a C220 CDI AMG sport to replace my Golf GTI. Hopefully it will stand up to monthly visits to Hamburg and use less fuel than the golf!!

Welcome Andy. We have friends in Hamburg and I was thinking of giving my SLk a bit of a run, how long does it take you to drive there , do you use the tunnel?

That's a heck of a (monthly) journey....
Fuel bill in the GTI must have been a few Euros

Welcome

My wife is German so we go to see the family a lot. It takes me about 10-12 hours as i don't put my foot down too much. Usually cruise at about 75-80mph, have several comfort breaks and always use the tunnel. Last trip involved visiting other relatives while i was there. 1500 miles, over £350 in fuel in 5 days. Anyone guess why i went diesel :)

Thanks for that Landie1. We would break my the journey with an overnight as coming from West Wales, but actually doesn't take as long as I expected. Can get 33 mpg out of my SLK , mind you not I try it out on the autobahn. However no doubt my wife will act just like a handbrake!

My first trip in the Mercedes will be next month so I cant wait to hit the autobahn but as you say there's always the handbrake in the passenger seat. Hopefully she wont notice this time:)

Hello and welcome

Smart320....
Its an easy run. Drive off the tunnel and its motorway all the way.

All i can say is i wish i had the Mercedes a lot earlier. Its so much more comfortable than either the Golf GTI or the Citroen C4 i used to do the journey in. Had an oil and filter service before i went (with all Mercedes parts, just for my own peace of mind as it wasn't due) and the garage also checked it over for me and gave it a clean bill of health as he knows how much driving I do. Ran as sweet as a nut for the 1600 miles i did and being my first automatic so relaxing. Also as i took it (fairly :)) easy on my first trip I managed 56mpg average. So all in in I'm very happy with it :D:D

Good for you and good economy! What age is it if you don't mind me asking?

Mine is Sept 09. Most of the journey was motorway and i usually cruised at about 70/75mph (except when the wife and mother in law were asleep) when 130mph was my max. The good thing about it was how stable it felt at that speed and they didn't wake up. Only did it the once as I much prefer mpg to mph but you gotta see what it goes like haven't you :D.

Well I have just returned from my second trip to Germany and apart from a slow puncture that i had to stop a couple of times for to top up, all went well. 4000 miles in 6 weeks and I'm still happy. Going to get the wheels refurbished and new tyres fitted as I have 6 weeks until my next 2 trips in October. Heard good reports about BJV Engineering in Hemel Hempstead so will pop over and see what they say.

So from October to the end of December i went to Hamburg another 5 times. All i can say is absolutely nothing to report. Car just ran as sweet as a nut and just eats up the miles. I love this car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom