• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New owner of '15 E63 Wagon - saying hi and looking for some advice!

Discreet Resonator delete that retains the box - MSL will do this (Birmingham) or use PCW Exhausts (Instagram). On the latter all of his exhaust work is done to retain the OEM look.

Jules
Apologies for going off topic.....I know where Birmingham is but where is Instagram? :dk:

🤣

Apologies for going off topic.....I know where Birmingham is but where is Instagram? :dk:

🤣
You can check the company via Instagram as they have an account on there that is very active. Failing that search for them via Google.

No need, just use the UK Government's website for checking vehicle recalls. Pop you’re registration number in and it will tell you if the recall is outstanding for your specific car.

main dealer’s will know about the recall. They will be doing several of them every week.

Steve, type in your VRM into the gov.uk link below to see if a recall has been announced for you car. If it has then you should get your car booked in quoting ref SRPC2256 with mb dealership, the ref is same for everyone. I think likely they will eventually get round to those affected and send letters in a staggered form to avoid influx of bookings at the dealership. Not sure if the CLS63 have been affected too 🤔

View attachment 140247
Thanks gents, I've checked on the links provided and it shows nothing outstanding. I'll still raise it with the tomorrow as its better to be safe than sorry and we're due our first child so being steering related I'd rather the peace of mind.

Whilst you are having it serviced, have a look to see if it's ever had the gearbox oil service.
It will also need a set of plugs every 4 years.

Whilst you are having it serviced, have a look to see if it's ever had the gearbox oil service.
It will also need a set of plugs every 4 years.
Good shout. Dates required are in the manuals yet I think it's 3 years or 31k. The dealer should be able to suggest last time it was done and if its due this service.

Good shout. Dates required are in the manuals yet I think it's 3 years or 31k. The dealer should be able to suggest last time it was done and if its due this service.
The ATF change should be on the Mercedes database if you haven't got itemised printouts from the dealer.
If you intend keeping the car within the dealer network for servicing I would recommend a 3 yr service plan which was costing me £52 a month before I sold the car. You don't miss a tenner a week, but B services of £600+ are not welcome.

Edit I would add make sure you start with the more costly B service followed by an A/B. Doing an A/B/A is a waste of money.

2. The foot parking brake is suuuuuuper slow to disengage. I need to pull the handle multiple times and even use my foot to lift it. Colder weather makes it worse.

3. At slow manoeuvring speed (parking) there's a bit of noise from the rack/steering wheel. Not terrible but again something that you notice.

Have the same issues with mine mate. I've found re the parking brake is to not be in so much of a rush to pull away. Pull the release leaver further out and hold for a second longer than you'd think it would need rather than almost flicking it out and release. It disengages everytime this way.

Re the steering, I find it's at low speed from the drivers side only. Took it to MB for diagnostics on something else and asked if they could have a look at the same time. They mentioned that it's a common issue with the E class. Think the lower control arm, they had the technician re grease some bits and although it less frequent and quieter it still occurs. The car is in tomorrow for a service so they'll be having another look at it.

Also on the cost, although mine is on 67k 9ts due a B service. With the pan Roof and fuel filter additional work the cost was knly £586. £170 of that was for the additional work. So £600 sounds a little high but this will be very dependant on what is due on you B service as standard.
So mine was back into Mercedes today, full service, fitting of distronic back plate as this was diagnosed as the issue and to re look at the steering noise as although it was better after they regressed items that the noise was still there. This time round it needs further parts for the distronic sensor is dirty warning message and now various steering components.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230504-140838.png
    Screenshot_20230504-140838.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20230504-140855.png
    Screenshot_20230504-140855.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20230504-140905.png
    Screenshot_20230504-140905.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 32
Ouch, that is costly mate 😲 Maybe do the suspension bits with independent mb garage and leave the electronics for the dealers to sort? Are those items not covered by warranty from the place you got the car from? I think it might be classed as wear and tear items though?

Ouch, that is costly mate 😲 Maybe do the suspension bits with independent mb garage and leave the electronics for the dealers to sort? Are those items not covered by warranty from the place you got the car from? I think it might be classed as wear and tear items though?
Not the day I was expecting lol yet its a 7 year old used car with 65k on the clock so it is what it is. Car was through Jardine and has a 2 year warranty so fingers crossed especially as I've only had the car 3 weeks that it'll be covered.

Thought I'd pop it in here as the OP mentioned they'd had similar sounds coming from the drivers side so was giving them a heads up as I was initially told by mercedes that the E Class can suffer from this and that they've regressed everything. Was fine when I picked it up yet the following day it started to creep back in.

On a positive, they did the recall while it was in so every cloud and all that 😂

£1291.50 labour - use a indie it should be far better value.
Worst case the radar sensor and seat module will be approved under warranty as they are broken. The rest could be argued at wear and tear, I'll see if the parts can be covered and/or labour can be split, especially as if I'd have to pay out for all of it. Let the fun begin. Nicety will be once it's sorted then I know the car is all up to standard and with having the Ghost going on I can just drive and enjoy it

1. I feel like the car drifts way more to the left or is sensitive to road camber than any of my other cars. She's had recent front thrust arms replaced and an alignment done at PCS but I don't see much change. They say they are like that. Can you all confirm?
Only skimmed through the thread but not sure if you’ve had the recall carried out, as I think they may perform an alignment as part of the work again afterwards.

Either Ghost or Pandora will stop them in their tracks, its such a peace of mind 😌 No need to worry about car going missing. I went with Pandora in the end, fancied their tracking app, the push notifications and the anti hijack engine shut down feature. It's really good 👌

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So mine was back into Mercedes today, full service, fitting of distronic back plate as this was diagnosed as the issue and to re look at the steering noise as although it was better after they regressed items that the noise was still there. This time round it needs further parts for the distronic sensor is dirty warning message and now various steering components.
You might want to contact admin and ask for your second screen shot to be edited/removed.
Its showing your mobile#, name and email address which you may not want on an open forum.

Mercedes have been in contact with the warranty provider. All work but the control arms has been authorised, due to it being corrosion and not actually failed. £1900+ quid has been signed off and I'd have to pick up the remaining balance. Can see thier point so I'll speak with the supplying dealer yet I'd imagine they'll have the same point of view. Cars booked in for all the work so once it's done at least I know it's all up together.

When I booked my car in for a service it was mentioned the bolt steering issue can be done at the same time. So unfortunately it includes cls 63.

I wonder if they're swapping them out with E type bolts, which has got more material on top of the bolts? Will find out soon 💁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom