New owner of a lovely 1998 slk 230 Hampshire Barn Find

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony230

Car
SLK 230
Hi,
I recently purchased an almost mint 65k 1998 slk 230 Kompressor with black and red leather and trim from a barn clearance ( I do house clearances ). We have a C220 CDI which I enjoy driving but this is a different beast. I always looked at them as hairdressers cars however I love the drive ( goes like stink ) and it has a vintage smell and feel.
Are there any slk owners clubs in the Hampshire area?

Last edited:
Hi,
I recently purchased an almost mint 65k 1998 slk 230 Kompressor with black and red leather and trim from a barn clearance ( I do house clearances ). We have a C220 CDI which I enjoy driving but this is a different beast. I always looked at them as hairdressers cars however I love the drive ( goes like stink ) and it has a vintage smell and feel.
Are there any slk owners clubs in the Hampshire area?

:ttiuwp

Hi
I would only when i try it says I have to enter the url, haven't got a scooby how to do that.

Barn find vintage smell - this is like the best eBay advert ever! Is it tax free?

He has not said he wanted to sell it or asked the value, so can you guys accepted on face value that he may have a genuine interest in the Mercedes brand
Alan

Sounds like a nice car! Good find

I recently bought unseen off of eBay a clk that was allegedly only driven in the dry, low mileage, etc etc

When I got it home and serviced it it was obviously true, not a spec of rust anywhere, clearly a cherished car, only 67k on a 1998, all for £1600!!

It's smells of warm bread and pot pourri of course!

neilrr said:
But did it have the vintage smell & feel?

No, I'm afraid it smells of warm bread and pot pourri!

My 1966 land rover has the vintage smell of hot oil and petrol , and the vintage feel of being overtaken by bicycles whilst having your spine compressed by slight bumps in the road

I cleaned out my old MG last week to prepare it for sale, I found remnants of my teenage life inside:

1 box of mates condoms - empty
1 Pink Floyd cassette
1 Bad Company cassette
1 Bachman, Turner Overdrive cassette
1 pearl earring - ladies, fake
1 Student Union membership card - Photo of a very stoned junior me
1 Packet of 10 Embassy Regal non king-size - empty

I actually felt quite sad that I'll never be that person again.

Hi
I would only when i try it says I have to enter the url, haven't got a scooby how to do that.

Upload your pictures to photobucket.com
Select the picture then click on the IMG box on the right of the screen. This "copies" the image
Come back here and "paste" (ctrl + v) in your post.
Repeat for multiple pictures.

I cleaned out my old MG last week to prepare it for sale, I found remnants of my teenage life inside:

1 box of mates condoms - empty

1 pearl earring - ladies, fake
So just to recap (pun intended) you had your mate's condoms AND a fake lady...is there more you wish to share with us? :p

camerafodder said:
So just to recap (pun intended) you had your mate's condoms AND a fake lady...is there more you wish to share with us? :p

I knew a lady who once found a pearl necklace in the back seat of a Capri Ghia

It was 30-odd years ago, can't you let sleeping dogs lie? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom