New owner questions (8 of them)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
New owner questions (and yes I have RTFM but it must just have been a man look if the answers to some are in here)
Really will appreciate all assistance and answers provided.
Car is an 09 280 Clk sport convertible with 55k on the clock, 7g,and command (plus half leather orthopedic seats)

So, to the list….
1. Car has mixed/not all MB service history. Local trader I purchased it from gave it an oil change and level top up. How do I best find out what it actually needs (in case another level.etc is needed)?

2. Is it possible to play a CD in the command slot whilst retaining nav as when I tried it last yesterday, the CD played but nav wanted the sat nav disc back in as well?

3. The sat nav disc is 2009. Are there any reliable / EBay update discs people can recommend? - there are some horror stories out there about bad discs corrupting the system.

4. How do I change the time on the analogue clock on the dash (frustrated:crazy:)?

5. There is no multi changer in the glovebox, but there is the official ipod connector. I tried putting on of our BT adapters that work on the ipod docks in the house (as it's the old 4s connector and I am on Android now) but whilst I found the Aux option in command, it didn't power up the BT dongle. Will this never work?

6. The car has phone prep and in the armrest there is the socket thingy for a cradle. It looks like there are BT adapters that will then allow full phone integration and music that now fit on instead. Are there only ‘official’ ones or the ones off ebay okay for this (and any links to 'good ones')?

7. What's the real world difference between C and S transmission settings on the 7G box (I like the flappy paddles, but am sure that will wear off at some point)?

8. Are there any software updates for the 7G box. The car was serviced by Star Garage in Reading up until 2 years ago, but I believe many auto boxes get continual updates and 7G isn't the quickest to downshift if I plant the right foot (though those days are behind me now :rolleyes:) ?

That's the first set of questions, and your patience will be appreciated as I work over everything in this lovely car.

RSVP and cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom