New owner saying Hi with a quick question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swany500

Car
A207 Cabriolet
Hi everyone. Picked up a low mileage A207 Cabriolet for my wife and drove back from down south and all I can say is I now get MB owners. Build, divisibility are top notch, Ive been in a BMW for 7 years and well this E Class is a big step up in refinement.

My question is around wheels I have opportunity af a set of 18 inch E class W212 wheels with winter tires at a good price.
As my car is an 2015 A207 (C class frame) will the wheels fit?
The PCD 112, bore and offset are all same, with only difference is in alloy width W212 is 8J and A207 (& coupe version) are 8.5J on rear. Fronts at 8J are the same. Profile height is 5mm, so not material (I think).

Can the more knowledgeable give me a heads up if they will fit.

From web search I did note 19s and 20s for A207 / C207 and they can be on alloys at 9J, so kinda hoping the rear wheel difference of 1/2 inch narrower on rear is insignificant.

Thanks in advance for help and comments.

Hi Swany, welcome to the forum:thumb:

Those W212 wheels should fit OK. Its the offset (ET) that makes the difference as if its too big either way the wheel could touch either the wheel arch or the caliper.
The ET difference between the W212 and the C207 is very small (6mm). The width of wheel won't make a difference either as both can be fitted with 9j on the rear.

It will come down to the ET number on each for the offset . Depending on the et of the 212 wheels you might need spacers for them a)to fit and b) so the rears don't look a bit sunken into the arches. There is a wheel fitment chart on here somewhere if you search it, it will probably come up or somebody will be along with a link. What do you mean by PCD112. If, as you say, the offsets (ET) are the same then just spacers on the rear to get the right look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom