New Owner w212 E63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's the difference between Tesco momentum and V-power?
About 10p per litre ;)

Shell make all sorts of claims about their V-Power regarding the detergent package and suchlike. I've no doubt they're true, but whether they make any material difference is another matter and my bum-dyno certainly can't detect any difference in performance between the two fuels. I'm spending just under £3k a year on fuel and don't see any reason to enrich Shell by another £250 on top of that.

Bum dyno you probably won't notice unless it's super versus regular but there are a few independent tests that give me enough proof to use V Power exclusively where possible. It cost a bit more but cars are my hobby so I don't mind spending on it. Other premium feels are probably still better than basic supermarket though.

Shell V Power cleaning - YouTube

I do think that w212 will be sought after. They look nice, a real challenger to the M5 and the last RWD E-class AMG.

I think it's a difficult choice between the E63 and M5. Similar size, performance, handling and price so I guess it comes down to looks and wanting, or not wanting, to join the BMW crowd. I've read a number of comparison reviews and motor journalists seem to be undecided on which is better.

Did you consider an M5 and, if so, why did you decide on the E63 ? Just curious ;)

Nice purchase , I have a brand new reverse camera retrofit kit for this model if your interested ?

I think it's a difficult choice between the E63 and M5. Similar size, performance, handling and price so I guess it comes down to looks and wanting, or not wanting, to join the BMW crowd. I've read a number of comparison reviews and motor journalists seem to be undecided on which is better.

Did you consider an M5 and, if so, why did you decide on the E63 ? Just curious ;)
I did consider the M5 and test drove a few And although very fast and in some aspects more composed than the E63, it didn't feel special. The E63 felt more of an occasion. The deciding factor was the space in the back (esp with two kids). With the comfort seats there was very little space in the back to sit comfortably.

Nice purchase , I have a brand new reverse camera retrofit kit for this model if your interested ?
Is the kit a mercedes benz kit With the guidance lines? Will it go on w212 2016?

I got 31mpg on a trip around Germany back in the Summer and I think I averaged 27 which I got on a recent 600 mile round trip to London and back in January. Figures with a boot full of luggage and crap and 2 kids in the back and all our gadgets hooked up charging. Around the doors it’s not so good, but better than the 9mpg my CLS55 would get around the doors. They are great cars.

I got 31mpg on a trip around Germany back in the Summer and I think I averaged 27 which I got on a recent 600 mile round trip to London and back in January. Figures with a boot full of luggage and crap and 2 kids in the back and all our gadgets hooked up charging. Around the doors it’s not so good, but better than the 9mpg my CLS55 would get around the doors. They are great cars.
I do finally got delivery of the car today and drove from north London to Kent via the M25. Unknowingly had the car in sports and it averaged 34mpg with flow of traffic

Screenshot_20190128-182944_WhatsApp.jpg

. Around the doors it’s not so good, but better than the 9mpg my CLS55 would get around the doors. They are great cars.

Wow..........you must have driven that CLS55 very hard to only see 9mph regularly
Around town I've never seen less than 11 in nose to tail stop start traffic.

I do finally got delivery of the car today and drove from north London to Kent via the M25. Unknowingly had the car in sports and it averaged 34mpg with flow of traffic
Dont lose that photo!

You're unlikely to see those numbers again :D

lovely looking car, good choice!

Aye...26 miles @ 60mph in 26mins must be perfect conditions...1500rpm.....

maybe stop for the next photo... :)

Admittedly I know that stretch of the M25 well. But I reckon I can get 35mpg

I can't get 30mpg, I tend no to check mileage really and sleep better for it.

My car just under 31k and the following components needed attention besides prescribed maintenance:

- Front suspension was totally shot. Perhaps due to driving in London.
- spark plugs were shot. I don't know when they supposed to be replaced but my car is serviced regularly and was still on original spark plugs until last week. I had to bring it in for misfire to have spark plugs attended to.

I would inquire when these things were last done on your car

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

- spark plugs were shot. I don't know when they supposed to be replaced but my car is serviced regularly and was still on original spark plugs until last week. I had to bring it in for misfire to have spark plugs attended to.
Should be changed at 4-year / 37k mile intervals.

Welcome and nice car :thumb:

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom