Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobbob455

Car
Mercedes C270 CDI, Audi TT, BMW R1200RT
Hi guys, after owning BMW's for the last 10 yrs or so, & all of them being money pits (Bring More Wedge), I decided to buy a 53 plate C270 CDI Elegance, 72000 miles with full MB dealer history.
Only had it a week, but so far I'm very impressed, I was averaging about 40 mpg which I was delighted with, however Its just been to NEW RODLEY MOTORS (Rodley Lane Leeds) for a service & full check over, when I picked it up I reset the mpg display & over a 30 mile drive to Harrogate & back, it's averaged 58.5mpg....seriously impressive.
They gave the car a full service & cleaned out the EGR with Wynns, (their recommendation), I've never felt a car feel so different after a service, I can't recommend these guys enough, I'll be taking my wife's Audi there for a service very soon.
Performance was good prior to the service, but its so much better now.
The car came with everything apart from an owners book, so I'm still trying to find my way around the various menus in the computer, I'll have a look for one on eBay.
Only negative is that the seat isn't as comfortable as the BMW, & no total open/closure with the key remote, but apart from this I'm well happy :bannana:

Last edited:
Welcome

I suspect it can be programmed to total open/close with the remote. Ask in the Electronics section and I'm sure someone can answer.

cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve, I'll have a look

Have a look on Ebay for owners manual. I got a second set complete set, less service book, with zip up wallet for about £15 including post.

Cheers rifiki, found one for £22, if I can't find one cheaper I'll get this, it's for a 2002, mines a 2003, I assume it will be the same? Mines pre-facelift.

I think it will be the same. My Ebay one is 04, my CLK is 05 and is ok.

Rear bumper trim removal

I'm going to install some after market rear parking sensors, how do I remove the bumper trim inserts from the rear bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom