New owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nordboy

Car
ML320cdi
Not sure where you put introductions.

I am picking up my first ever Mercedes tomorrow, its a 2002 C320 Avantgarde estate, in silver with 84k on the clock, full sat nav etc.

I've been reading some of the posts, does having sat nav mean the car will have the comand system? if so, what version may i expect to get?

The car ran really well on my test drive, the engine feels like a corker. I hope it's going to be a good one, i suppose you never can tell, there's a reason someone got rid of it, i'm hoping it's cause they just fancied a new car.

The only iffy points are the wheel arches which have all just started to rust, i got a discount on the car to take it as it was so i want to get in into the bodyshop before crimbo ( i live near the sea which makes it worse). I'm hoping they will be able to sort it out, is it a terminal problem?.

112 engine tough old lump, google plug leads, maf, crank sensor and thats pretty much it:)

If its got nav, its prob got Comand, do a search on here.

Suprised at the rust wifes car 51 plate c320 doesnt have any.

Once paint done make sure you wax the archs good and proper.

You may get goodwill repair from mb as car is under 8 years old, iirc you have to have owned car for 6 months, but usually you are expected to contribute some of the cost and almost every post i have read they could get the whole job done for similiar amount of their contribution, plus rust always seems to come back after mb have done it:eek:.

Welcome and have fun.

Lynall

Welcome, I am also a newbie within reason and have found all to be civil and also a bit tongue in cheek. Stay open minded and not too opinionated and you will receive plenty help and banter.:thumb:
Crackin site.

Welcome, I am also a newbie within reason and have found all to be civil and also a bit tongue in cheek. Stay open minded and not too opinionated and you will receive plenty help and banter.:thumb:
Crackin site.

Thanks, i always seem to find the owners forums for my car's and bikes ecellent, and this site so far seems no different as i'm browsing through. The wealth of knowledge of some people i find amazing. I am very not technical so being explained things in english is very helpful too.

I'm looking forward to getting my first mercedes after trying bmw and audi's (can i say that here?:D) before.

ditto - new boy here as well - seem friendly enough here - congrats on the new vehicle!!!!:bannana:

Welcome to the forum.

You've bought a nice car there too. As it has Sat Nav, most likely it will be COMAND. Can you recall if it was a largish unit with a TV type screen or a regular sized stereo unit?

We have a C320 too, also in Silver, although ours is a Saloon.

Unfortunately rust is something that many Mercs suffered from during 1998 to about 2002/3. Search this forum and there is a lot of information on what cover you may have.

We had a lot of rust repair work carried out on our C Class as has my dad on his S Class (both of a similar vintage). We've had our cars for a number of years and had full MB service history, as such the rust repairs were carried out as goodwill.

Good luck and please post some pictures when you get your car.

By the way you'll find the forum extremeley and it's okay (most of the time) to mention BMW & Audi :eek:, I also drive a BMW too (shhhh!)

welcome kid, new here as well but great site. wealth of information. Congrats on the new car, sounds the business.

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom