New ownership and pics of the 2011 C220 Sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ahh well. Last post for me as I said goodbye to my C220 Sport 125 Edition earlier today.

Despite loving many aspects of the car such as its ability to eat motorway miles for fun and (almost) perfect spec for me the cons outweighed keeping he car on and ultimately getting another Mercedes.
My thoughts haven't changed much since my last review ^^ a year ago on 29/10/13.

Ultimately the C Class saloon is just too small for our growing family needs - and mine now I'm back into my cycling in a big way. That's not the cars fault, although I do think the boot is hindered in a big way with the large box structure that encroaches into boot space from the parcel shelf, which made holiday trips with luggage a nightmare.
I'm going back to an SUV / 4x4 style of car. We've really missed the practicality they offer.

I also refuse to have anything to do with Mercedes dealers or Mercedes UK again ... ever.
I won't harp on as I've covered my issues before but needless to say the lack of call backs has continued, other than the service guys who tried to pressure me into two new rear tyres during the cars service last week before reluctantly agreeing that as the tyres were still comfortably legal and I wasn't intending keeping the car it was an unnecessary expense. :rolleyes:

So, I've owned the C220 for three years. In that time I've covered 32,000 miles. Economy has been mid to late 40mpg with a mix of long journeys and local miles. OBC says 48/49 but I think thats slightly optimistic. I have no issue with mpg though as we don't do enough miles for that to be a big issue.

I've not had to replace anything on the car, although the rear tyres will need doing in the next few months :)p). The car hasn't had to have any warranty work nor has it let us down. It's just been serviced (service plan which cost £972 covered the three services and car was collected/returned), fuelled and cleaned. Oh, and I ended up getting both front wheels sent off to sort out the curbing. Not straightforward and quite expensive as they are diamond cut, but I couldn't stand looking at them all scraped up! I'll be avoiding any similar combination of tyre/wheel in the future with the pot holes and tall kerbs that jump out at you around here! ;)

So - What next?

The shortlist at the moment is ... Range Rover Vogue. Very different animal and I have no doubt will not be as 'simple' to own as the Mercedes has been. Then again I won't be buying a 'brand' new one so any involvement with the Landrover dealer network (I've owned Landys in the past) would be end of warranty at best, but I'm more likley to be straight to a favoured local indy. Plus the RR is a car I've always fancied owning so why not. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom