New Parking Restrictions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
I believe the details below are correct.......if I am wrong, then corrections welcomed......thanks....

On March 31st 2008, new parking restrictions will come into force.
From that day, amongst other things, traffic wardens will be able to.....
1. Issue fines to owners of cars that are not parked within a certain distance from the kerb......and.....
2. Before that date, if you drove away BEFORE the parking ticket was attached to your car you would escape the fine. After March 31st, that will not be the case. If you drive away they will simply mail it to you for payment. I suspect supported by photographic evidence of your misdemenour.

Feelings and/or opinions?

I believe the details below are correct.......if I am wrong, then corrections welcomed......thanks....

On March 31st 2008, new parking restrictions will come into force.
From that day, amongst other things, traffic wardens will be able to.....
1. Issue fines to owners of cars that are not parked within a certain distance from the kerb......and.....
2. Before that date, if you drove away BEFORE the parking ticket was attached to your car you would escape the fine. After March 31st, that will not be the case. If you drive away they will simply mail it to you for payment. I suspect supported by photographic evidence of your misdemenour.

Feelings and/or opinions?

Those rules are to be and are correct, it will lend itself open to a lot of abuse I think

The quota of not allowing too many people to overstay their time and also keeping the traffic moving.....:rolleyes:

Its a well known (but officially denied) fact that traffic/parking wardens have daily quotas to meet. Some of the private wardens (like NCP) have bonus systems in place as well.

Its a well known (but officially denied) fact that traffic/parking wardens have daily quotas to meet.

Let's see if we can get an unofficial acceptance of that from our erstwhile 'Man on the inside' than shall we..?;)

At the end of the day, if you park legally then you can't recieve a ticket.

Oh, I'm having a Deja-Vu moment...It's speed cameras all over again......:crazy: :crazy:

:D

Quite assure you in P'boro we have no quota system, no bonus, no incentive to issue a PCN; what private operators do, I cannot comment on. We're "in-house" in P'boro and very open about what we do here - it will become more so from 31 March 2008 as the Traffic Management Act 2004 will require all decriminalised authorities to report all their activities, like what is received from the National Parking Adjudication Service and its annual report - we will be required to do the same.

Whether you believe me or not, I have no control over, but I'm not a liar either ;)

For info, the TMA'04 also opens up further moving traffic "contraventions" (no longer offences) that will be enforced as opposed to a police constable. Examples would be no entry signs, box junctions, turn restrictions etc. The PCN for parking a set distance from the kerb or parking against a dropped kerb has to be applied for seperately and is not automatically given to any authority, when undergoing application to become a Civil Enforcement Area (CEA). Also, Parking Attendants will be known as Civil Enforcement Officers.

I'll answer any questions you may have or point you to the right places on the web

EDIT - forgot to mention, there is also a new charge structure, and different levels for different contraventions - "lesser" contraventions such as overstay a Pay & Display ticket will receive a lower 'fine' and a higher contravention (for example parking where no waiting and no loading is shown) would receive a higher 'fine'. This is already seen in London but will become common-place outside of the Capital

Last edited:
I think I should move to Peterbourgh. Round my way, its certainly not a case of "last resort".
Thank you for your most comprehensive answers........
But I still think its too open for misuse.

The answer is to be like me, thats a non consumer, I never buy anything and I have not used a parking meter in the last 2 years.

If I do need to go into a big town like Exeter, then I park at MB and take the Park and ride for £1 return == no damage to the car and better for my health doing some walking

£1 in a meter in central London will get you 10 minutes. And you can bet another £1 that if you get back after 11 minutes you will be greeted by a ticket in the windscreen.

Do these parking restrictions include parking on a warden? :p

Just a cheeky idea :p maybe we should get some backing from other members, get a petition on the go....push the government to back our idea and all our parking problems will be solved!

parking on wardens!

Not a good or clever idea.......... may damage my skirts........now that opens up a whole new thread.....:eek:

..........................sits back and awaits the puns / innuendos...

At the end of the day, if you park legally then you can't recieve a ticket.

Sorry but that is not true. Councils regularly make mistakes when enforcing parking restrictions and rely on the ignorance of the general public to get away with it. I know this for a fact, having twice been give PCNs for offences which technically did not exist (and which were subsequently cancelled).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom