New phone time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

Hi,
I can upgrade my phone but it's not so simple:

I have a T-Mobile friends and family for life deal which gives me 50% off T-Mobile tariffs and 40% off EE (who are now T-Mobile).

I don't really need a phone as I have a company mobile with free calls.

I spend a lot of time in hotels and have been paying to use the hotel internet for my personal use.

I would have liked a tablet (£38 Ipad Air for half price would have been great but the salesman failed to get it through the computer despite his assurances that he could) but apparently it's impossible.

So, what 4G phone (at 50 or 40% off) would be a good buy?

Will plan to tether my laptop to it while travelling and will need to factor in a data allowance that will allow a few hours tethering 2 or 3 times a week.

EE are pushing Samsung Galaxy S5 with free EU flights. Flights don't excite me but phone looks OK?

Thanks in advance, I know that some of you are clued-in on phones.

The Samsung S2,3 &4 are all very accomplished phones but I have no experience of the latest S5. If you don't really need the phone, why not look for an acceptable cheap phone with a inexpensive contract that gives you unlimited data?
If you go for the S5, the monthly payments start around £40 a month which is pretty steep if it is only mobile data you need.

Theres some decent deals out there at the minute,

EE - iphone 5c unlimited calls and texts and 2gig of data for £29.99 p/m, seemed to jump out at me.

Whoops, think I might of read your post wrong.....

EE offered me the ipad mini last night, no down payment, £26 per month for 2 years and 3 gig of data p/m, again this deal seemed ok but I`m not after an ipad at the minute.

SIM Free phones/SIM only contracts are the way to go, over the life of a 2 year contract you could save a couple of hundred quid.

I'm sim only.

£6.90 per month on 3

200 mins, 2000 3-3 minutes
5000 texts
500mb data

Works fine for me :)

SIM Free phones/SIM only contracts are the way to go, over the life of a 2 year contract you could save a couple of hundred quid.

Depends on the phone and the contract deals.

There are no absolute rules.

Though many of the people I encounter with contract phones seem to pay rather over the odds (IMHO) for what they actually get. That doesn't mean all contract phone + SIM deals are bad though.

I can vouch for the HTC One, it is a fantastic phone and the closest you'll get to Apple build quality in the world of Android phones.

There is a new one out (HTC One M8) and so I expect there'll be some good deals on the previous handset (unless you're desperate for the new one).

For reference, mine worked out just over £20/month over a 24 month contract.

Last edited:
Hmmm,

I assumed that half price would have made a difference.

Hi,

I spend a lot of time in hotels and have been paying to use the hotel internet for my personal use.

;):D:confused::eek:

1261531163_1.jpg

Yeah, I know.

I mean web-browsing, papers, email, mbclub and so on as opposed to work access.

I did wonder how much piss-taking that comment would incur!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom