New Police weapon for speeders and other offences.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
Appears to be very effective:

New Camera

Fully agree. We have loads of 50mph average speed camera limited stuff on the M20 these days, concentration is so much on speedo instead of current traffic conditions, especially as on that road we have loads of foreign artics not bothered by the cameras, not allowed in the outer lane when it's 2 lane so crawl up your tailpipe instead even though I'm clocking 52-54mph, scary. Even worse when they ignore the 2no HGV's in lane 2" so squeeze past, as the lanes are reduced width - that's when the right foot operates!

Exactly what John and Chris said.
I'm so glad I finally fitted that HUD (after deliberating over aesthetics of this retrofit), so I can keep my eyes on the road and still see my speed (if I'm not using the limiter or cruise) - find it invaluable now - it's definitely a keeper.

What kind of camera is it? I can't see the link as I don't have a Yahoo account and I'm not going to give them my details to spaff all over the internet in one of their regular security breaches.

It resolves a few issues, e.g. identifying the driver (so no more "it was my cousin visiting from Dubai/Ukraine/Peru" etc), and collecting evidence of tailgating and of mobile phone use at the wheel that can be used in a prosecution.

I always keep a fake nose and moustache in my glovebox in case I’m running late for meetings, it’ll take more than this to put points on my license!

This reminds me of an episode of Columbo, where the suspect fabricated an alibi by getting an aide to drive while speeding in front of a known speed camera - the driver was wearing a cardboard mask that had the picture of the suspect's face printed on it.....

This reminds me of an episode of Columbo, where the suspect fabricated an alibi by getting an aide to drive while speeding in front of a known speed camera - the driver was wearing a cardboard mask that had the picture of the suspect's face printed on it.....
I wonder if there is a law banning the use of a full face crash helmet while driving a hard top car ? you would of course look like a complete plonker, but with a pair of (legal to wear) dark glasses on underneath a clear or non existent visor you would be unrecognisable.;)

I wonder if there is a law banning the use of a full face crash helmet while driving a hard top car ? you would of course look like a complete plonker, but with a pair of (legal to wear) dark glasses on underneath a clear or non existent visor you would be unrecognisable.;)
I am sure you can drive wearing a balaklava.... or a niqab.

You'd need to be deaf too, because deafening hysterical laughter and shouted abuse would follow you wherever you went...

Out of interest, what's the tolerance on a device that is taking a reading from 1000m? Logic dictates that it must be greater than a device reading from 10m for example.

This kind of thing really gets on my wick. I don't know the exact stats but I'm sure speeding is not the biggest issue society has at the moment.

Why are we in spending time and money that apparently we don't have on stuff like this?

Surely we have much more pressing issues that this time and money would be better invested to improve or prevent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom