new porta cable 1000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
what about this?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRADE-POLISHE...4QQihZ014QQcategoryZ30923QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
My black clk is in a right state.
Should I only get red pads?
WHITE POLISHING & BUFFING SPONGE
Soft polishing & buffing sponge. Use for compounding 2-pack paint systems. Excellent results with G3 paste. M14x2 thread to fit sander/polishers. Max speed 4600rpm​
RED POLISHING SPONGE
Very soft sponge for final finishing and polishing. M14x2 thread to fit sander/polishers. Max speed 4600rpm​
BLUE POLISHING SPONGE
Soft open sponge for compounding/polishing cellulose & acrylics. M14x2 thread to fit sander/polishers. Max speed 4600rpm​

Porter Cable will be launching a 240 volt version in the next couple of weeks, saving you from buying a transformer

240volt CE version to be available

For full details on the PC 1000 go to this link.

http://autopia.org/forum/ultimate-d...detailing-machine-project.html?highlight=1000

It seems they are also producing a 240volt version :bannana: :bannana:

As stated in the thread above>>>>

Markets
Initially we will produce a North American version (120v/60Hz w/ CSA safety mark) and a UK version (220-240v/50Hz with CE safety mark). We stepped up production to have this product into the reseller channel in limited quantity before the end of June and in full scale production by the end of July. We are having the device certified for all markets we enter.

Accessories
The Ultimate Detailing Machine brand will offer a full range of backing plates, polishing pads, bonnets, brushes and other devices to clean, polish and wax vehicles. We will innovate new products that offer more utility from the Ultimate Detailing Machine.

Safety Certifications
CSA, CE, GS, RoHS

Hi,

Newbie to this forum, but well up for a PC & the UK version sounds gr8!

Anyone have an update on availability? Or is this just a pipe dream?

My wife drove her new Land Cruiser (black) through a car wash & has sustained a lot of minor scratching to the bodywork & colour coded trim etc...

I've used Swissol Medium & Strong Cleaner Fluid on the wing which has made a real difference, but of course would like better...

So, question is will the PC help? If so can it be used on the colour coded trim also??? & being a COMPLETE novice will I do any damage (I hear of paint burn etc...& dont want to make it any worse...)

Also the Swissol CF doesnt use any abrasives, will I run the risk of buffing away the clear coat etc???

Thanks

Hi,

Newbie to this forum, but well up for a PC & the UK version sounds gr8!

Anyone have an update on availability? Or is this just a pipe dream?

My wife drove her new Land Cruiser (black) through a car wash & has sustained a lot of minor scratching to the bodywork & colour coded trim etc...

I've used Swissol Medium & Strong Cleaner Fluid on the wing which has made a real difference, but of course would like better...

So, question is will the PC help? If so can it be used on the colour coded trim also??? & being a COMPLETE novice will I do any damage (I hear of paint burn etc...& dont want to make it any worse...)

Also the Swissol CF doesnt use any abrasives, will I run the risk of buffing away the clear coat etc???

Thanks

you wont burn the paint with a porter cable , porter cables are very safe to use its rotary polishers that you have to be very careful with.

Try poorboys swirl removers something like SSR2 and if that hasnt removed the swirls try SSR3. After that use a polish then a sealant and then a wax.

you wont burn the paint with a porter cable , porter cables are very safe to use its rotary polishers that you have to be very careful with.
You can still burn through the paint with a PC - it's just a hell of a lot harder to do than with a rotary. The main issue with rotaries stems from most of them operating with far to high rpm's - I have not had any problems with my rotary (yet, fingers crossed, touches wood) but it never gets off speed 1.

You can still burn through the paint with a PC - it's just a hell of a lot harder to do than with a rotary. The main issue with rotaries stems from most of them operating with far to high rpm's - I have not had any problems with my rotary (yet, fingers crossed, touches wood) but it never gets off speed 1.

rotarys produce fantastic results though. I used one on a 911 a few weeks ago and it looked amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom