New Purchase - Complete My Kit :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leemc2008

Car
BMW e39 540i 4.4 V8
Managed to get this for £160. :D :bannana:

18a5_1.JPG

Fogs nope.. covers yes.. :) Even though I've seen fogs new are like £200 each.. its ok, its all work in progress..

This morning I also got new front brake discs, clear indicators and a AC condensor!!.. (if Dieselman is reading this!)

AG grill when I can find one for about £50.. most are around £75.

Avantgarde grill £46 delivered to my door if I order from Germany.. :D

Nice one Leemc2008 you will now get the complete C36 AMG look.

Nice bumper... i was thinking to get one of those so that i could alter the air intake of the car and point it outwards down where the cut out's are on the bumper... would be a decent mod

I already have the C36 rear bumper and side skirts so this was the missing link.

Rage, I'm sure you could alter your air intake with the standard bumper? Cut stuff!

Would an alternative intake/more air make much difference with a supercharger?

I'd have thought benefits of this were mainly for na engines, though i could well be wrong! :)

If you relocating the air intake to get colder air, and you can keep it cold in the engine bay then it would be a positive I guess.. :)

If you relocating the air intake to get colder air, and you can keep it cold in the engine bay then it would be a positive I guess.. :)

There are people who have tried this with limited success on club202.com and either one of these things happen:

1. They lose power and performance as what they think is drawing in cold air is drawing warm air from the engine bay
2. They draw in water when they go through puddles

There's one guy on youtube who is adamant that his engine sounds fine where he's put the outlet for the air intake through the bumper. He reckons the stock air intake was "too restrictive" :eek:

And theres also that guy who drives around with 1x headlight its been removed for the intake. :rolleyes:

Mercedes Benz spend billions developing cars.. and then someone takes out a headlight to stick a big hole for air to go in.. haha..

sometimes i think we should think about the fact that MB spend billions on R&D... they have positioned everything in a place for a reason.
By altering it you will undoubtedly unblalance something.

Its like suspension changes, its always a comfort/handling/looks trade off..

Slight delay with my bumper.. seems a problem with the language barrier has occured, now the seller wont accept my paypal and wants a direct bank money transfer.. I dont know how safe this is?!

With paypal if the item didnt turn up for instance I can get my money back... with a money transfer and the item doesnt turn up, I'm guessing its gone!! Also, untraceable?

I have given all information to my German friend that I used to work with, he is going to resolve it for me! :D

Slight delay with my bumper.. seems a problem with the language barrier has occured, now the seller wont accept my paypal and wants a direct bank money transfer.. I dont know how safe this is?!

With paypal if the item didnt turn up for instance I can get my money back... with a money transfer and the item doesnt turn up, I'm guessing its gone!! Also, untraceable?

I have given all information to my German friend that I used to work with, he is going to resolve it for me! :D
Quit messing around and drive to Germany with the money in Euros! It's a good trip and you can be there and back in a weekend! :D

Yep.. could do.. 405 euro would be approx cost of fuel, not sure price of dover crossing though.. The bumper is in Berlin, thats a 1828 mile round trip for me.

The shipping was 85 euro! haha.. :(

I was being silly.. why take the Merc.. Lorrie's Astra DI does 55mpg! Planning the trip now.. haha..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom