new rear discs squeaking . . .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dee James

Car
2003 ML 270
I had new rear discs and pads fitted a couple of weeks ago and i`ve just noticed a squeaking coming from the rear under braking as i come to a stand still. I`m not sure if it`s been there since they were changed as the only reason i noticed it last night is because i had the window down - are they bedding in or is something wrong? Last time i heard this it was my fault for not putting copper slip on the pads but i can`t see the mechanic who did the work making that mistake . . .

automaniaman said:
I'd start, by taking it back to those that did the work and asking them politely to attempt a rectification...

I must admit that was my first thought but I don't think I've had discs and pads done at the same time before so not sure if time is required for bedding in

prob not enough copper grease, sides and back of pads

If they were cheapo discs + pads that were fitted it may just be their poor quality that is causing the noise.

The ones I fitted to my daughters Clio , from ECP, are really noisy - so much so they will be getting replaced once the warmer weather arrives as it is a major PITA especially if the windows are down.

Kenny

If they were cheapo discs + pads that were fitted it may just be their poor quality that is causing the noise.

The ones I fitted to my daughters Clio , from ECP, are really noisy - so much so they will be getting replaced once the warmer weather arrives as it is a major PITA especially if the windows are down.

Kenny

they are Pagid i believe so depending on what you read and where you read it they are great or rubbish! I had a listen for it again on a quick 2 mile journey last night and no noise - i`m starting to think there was just some dust on the discs and/or i`m getting too paranoid and should just enjoy driving the thing . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom