New Rucha Style wheels on W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greggster

Car
CLK W209 500 Elegance
My first impressions are that they are a huge improvement over the previous, what do you think?

wheel check 1.JPG

wheel check 2.jpg

I personally do not like the bolts on those AMG wheels nor do I like the standard Avantgarde wheels :)

Each to their own though and if you like it, go for it :)

My 2p's worth: I think they look great!:D
Much less fussy than the others, and the clean simple spokes give the impression of much larger wheels which suit the volume of the 211 estate.
What tyres are you now on?

I like the new wheels, the AMG's just dont work..

These are the best wheels for a W211 IMO

yk55jfronta.jpg

I like the new wheels, the AMG's just dont work..

These are the best wheels for a W211 IMO

yk55jfronta.jpg

I totally agree, they would have been my first choice but a little out of budget. BTW Mercland, i saw your website yesterday, you have some great MB's for sale at the moment and for the right sort of prices - just for future reference can you source specific cars for customers?

they look great in my opinion, a definite improvement. I like my Sport wheels though as said, they look great, I'm going to refurb mine soon.

Those wheels look soo much better than the AMG reps. Where was it in Edgware you got them from and do you mind me asking the price? (PM me if you want).

They were £650 with budget tyres, all fitted inclusive etc (£20 for locking nuts) - i used to work with a bloke who's brother worked for this guy in edgware (tenuous link!!), and he was very attentive, however i only found out when i went to get these ones that he no longer works there and even worse i had to deal with the owner who is a bit of a p***k!! Nothing bad but just an instant feeling that he was not a nice bloke. AND the balancing is shocking on them! I am awaiting his call back tomorrow to discuss paying for me to get them re-balanced locally (no chance!!). Still a very good price though IMO, if interested let me know and i'll post details, thanks

You're going to love this - saved by a semi-skimmed latte!!!

Whilst driving around for work this morning i heard a graunching noise coming from the back - i assumed brake discs and expected the pad warning light to come on. Stopped for a coffee, my instincts made me have a look at the back wheels and i saw that the rear n/s wheel was slightly away from the hub. :crazy:

I then saw that one of the studs was missing :crazy::crazy:

So i got the wrench out from the boot and checked them - ALL OF THEM NOT EVEN FINGER TIGHT :crazy::crazy::crazy: I reckon another mile or so and the rear wheel would have come off.

To cut a long story short, the muppett who supplied and fitted them had used studs that were too short, and could have killed me as i have been on the M25 for most of the weekend. I spoke to trading standards and that should do the job, as on further investigation from some guys in the tyre trade locally (whilst getting the hubs re-threaded and the correct studs fitted), he is apparently getting a name for himself for this sort of thing. I intend to get him shut down (after i have finished with him).

So, moral of the story, don't ever go on a diet and stop drinking milky coffees!! :D

wow lucky as you say.

Good job you spotted it / felt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom