New S-Class Details and Pictures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the BMW looks better, too much plastic on the Merc.

six and two threes, both pretty ugly. Its take MB 8 years to come up with that interior, the plot is not just lost the whole story has gone. I know what the dash looks like, it looks like a bus shelter. The boot lid must be designed by Bangle perched on top like an afterthought. Rest of it is not bad.

PS I was waiting for the new S, fancied the big diesel, I will look elsewhere.

gary

Last edited:
Maybe I'm going against the grain - but I actually like it. Autocar has a load of good pictures today.

KillerHERTZ said:
That dashboard is truely shocking!

Agreed. Looks like something Renault would be proud of.

The S Class will grow on everyone eventually and people will by it regardless for the stataus anyway. MB has a "captured" market and customers will always by one of the flagship models (which the S Class was apart from Maybach)

Personally, I quite like it but not keen on the steering wheel which looks like its come straight out of the Chrsyler parts bin from new Jeep Grand Chrokee ... :) S Class is pretty...

Any news on the S600 engine? They say that it's now 517BHP, however is this the same 3 valve engine in the W220, or a new 4 valve unit like the new V8?

SportsCoupeRich said:
pretty impressive really.i like it.....subtle and imposing in the burgundy.

interior looks worthy of a 60k car too.
I agree with you there. it's stunning. Do you think they would give me one to test for them. :D

looks great in silver with the pano roof on it.

That burgandy colour does nothing for it tho , imagine using that for the press shots :crazy:

gary350 said:
The dash is not pretty and its in your face all the time, not too sure I couid live with that. The external shape is gtreat .

gary

Interior dash looks like the 7 series IMO, and the front end looks like a flipping camry. :(

driving down the A81 in Germany the other day, 3 passed me in some roadworks, 2 were still heavily disguised, but one was in all its glory, they looked good, but I couldn't help but think they could have been mistaken for an E class in size. They weren't as commanding as the current S class IMHO.
I'm not sure I liked the wheel arches either. The interior looked a lot better in the flesh than in the pictures

Attachments

• Image(55).jpg
    Image(55).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 108
KillerHERTZ said:
That dashboard is truely shocking!

Oh :( I thought that was about the only redeeming feature :D

Its a shame that the S class has demised from the imposing, rock solid 140 to a rather sad looking car that might have been built by dewoo (sp?)

did anyone see the AMG version in Autocar ? V nice indeed.... and they made the same comment re wheel arches.

Its designed like that so the bosses now blend in more with their staff in their moulded-arch Mondeos :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom