New S class member

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neil1951

Car
Mercedes benz S320
Hi all
Glad to be here in the club, come from east London and the proud owner of a 2000 S class 320 with 70.000 on the clock and a ex embassy car. Never owned one before being a ex Omega elite owner. Have a lot to learn about this car it has a interesting history so look forward to sharing it with you all. has so many gadgets on it don't know where to start but that's the fun of it and I guess il learn what it can do:):):)

Hi and welcome,there are some great deals on these big spec S320, low mileage as well,amazing you posted and this morning I found a MBU1000 Bluetooth kit which should fit your car this morning clearing out the garage as I am moving, comes with box and instructions made by Viseeo,will pair modern phones with your car,of course you may have one already,not sure what it is worth maybe £30,anyway post if interested.

Many thanks to you all for your welcome. my 2000 S320 was owned by the
Indian high commission in London its second owner had it until i got hold of it last month with 70.000 miles on the clock as he only used it weekends. The number plate is also private and remains on the car.It has every extra on it including electric back programable rear seats and electric headrests which the wife loves.:rolleyes: As far as the glass in it is concerned not sure if it is bullet proof but is classed as "high security glass" and i can also start/stop the car from the gear shift leaver if i want.there is so much to learn about this car and what it can do the hand book that came with it is like a bible and il have to go through it page by page. Big car and big bucks if it goes wrong so i will maintain it the best i can but pleased that i can get answers here if i need it.
the telephone handset is not in the car and has been removed. I hope to post pics soon:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Hi Zip
yes id buy that if i can use it in my merc as i was toying with a computer upgrade how would you like it paid for and collected or il do paypal and you post but not far from essex so could collect at a time and day to suit you.

Sounds like a nice car! Good luck and enjoy it!!!

If you have electric rear seats your car is a S320L, I think it will say Limo on the v5 (it did on my W140)

Hi Tromppost
all it says on the logbook is S320 series 2 even the colour is odd the car looks a dark maroon and yet the logbook says black but it defo not black as i know it no mention of limo. but as the first owner was a embassy may be they just had the extras they wanted fitted to their spec,

Hi Tromppost
all it says on the logbook is S320 series 2 even the colour is odd the car looks a dark maroon and yet the logbook says black but it defo not black as i know it no mention of limo. but as the first owner was a embassy may be they just had the extras they wanted fitted to their spec,

Your colour will say Black on the logbook, if you look at the rear passenger window and it's square"ish" it's a swb but if it's oblong"ish" then it's a lwb. Really easy to spot when you notice the difference.

All S class's (W220) are double glassed, side windows only. Any other sort of glass and you would know as it has very deep black surrounds and is a couple if inches thick.

Cannot see from your photo what wheels you have on, are the rears wider than the front ? I have to say those Diffda wheels still look really good on a S class even after all these years.

Hi Zip
yes id buy that if i can use it in my merc as i was toying with a computer upgrade how would you like it paid for and collected or il do paypal and you post but not far from essex so could collect at a time and day to suit you.

Well sods law my neighbor saw it and bought it,bit like a garage sale going on here,but as you say there is no phone cradle,that would mean it would be no use to you,having said that I am only about half way through sorting the garage out you need a Nokia 6150,or6210,6310.6310i cradle for the MBU 1000,I may well have a one,this whole issue of pairing newish phones with the older mercedes say pre 2005 is a mine field,the later cars are fitted with whats called a UHI fitting where as your car needs a cradle and the MBU fits inside that and works with lots of newer phones,well thats my take on the crazy Bluetooth pairing on the S320.:confused:

Hi
i found out from the plate that the paint code is 182 Almadine black now a friend showed me how the car which looks maroon changes colour in certain light the downside is this paint has to come from the usa im trying to get some pics on the forum so you can see more but its not letting me post, then you can see the car in much more detail thanks for your imput its a great help

no worrys if you find anything useful i could use message me ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom