New S Class Owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kay187

Car
S-class 320 CDI
Hi I've just become a proud owner of a S-class w221 and am well chuffed with it. I used to have an E-class which had a sweet drive but this is a different league :cool: It's got a few niggling bits but I'm well happy with it.

Congratulations! Share some details and pictures of the car!

Welcome! I'm not one yet, but great to see another S class owner

Every generation of S Class has been a cut above , and a hint of where the run of the mill cars might be 20 years later .

I'm a new one too, got mine two week ago , I too had the E class w211 and thought it was great but the w221 is far better

SLA, really!? No guessing that one, will have to look it up.

Congrats OP, definitely get some pics up.

...but this is a different league.

I'm interested in hearing more about the differences. I have a W211 E Class which I use for general driving and regular long trips.

I find it comfy, spacious and generally superb if I'm honest. That said, I like the idea of an S Class for similar usage and how the S improves over the E. :thumb:

This is my S500 bought her new 10 years ago and has covered 35k miles. She has been totally faultless in that time. Over 20k of extras fitted and she is for sale.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 150
This is my S500 bought her new 10 years ago and has covered 35k miles. She has been totally faultless in that time. Over 20k of extras fitted and she is for sale.

I'm on the lookout for an S class - the pedigree and picture have wetted my appetite - do you have any other information and pictures together with an asking price

This is my S500 bought her new 10 years ago and has covered 35k miles. She has been totally faultless in that time. Over 20k of extras fitted and she is for sale.[/QUOte
35000 MLS in 10 years you'd have been better off using buses and trains. :D

You must be joking.

I've had my w221 for about 6 weeks now, just loving the simplicity and comfort of it, such a nice place to be

Had my LWB for a while now.

Had every option ticked but the factory cocked up the rear fridge. Designo spec also :cool:

Post any niggles as I have been down them all and fixed them all myself :thumb:

IMG_5359.jpg

Well you did ask......I have a really annoying high pitched wind whistle from the back part of drivers side window. Starts quietly at 60mph, full volume by 70. I am in Europe at the moment and the odd thing is that the volume is the same from 80 to 145.

I have not bothered with dealer as I anticipate a lot of time chasing the source.........

Otherwise awesome car. Totally relaxing drive. Wife did not realise we were going fast until we got to 135. She's ripping the armrest off in the e55 at 90 ☺

Had my LWB for a while now.

Had every option ticked but the factory cocked up the rear fridge. Designo spec also :cool:

Post any niggles as I have been down them all and fixed them all myself :thumb:

IMG_5359.jpg

Very nice, quite a rare colour you have there.

My main niggle at the moment is the heater blower intermittently not working, it comes on when it feels like it. I've been told to look under the passenger footwell but not had a chance to do this. Any pointers on removing the panel and how to test the blower motor and/or regulator??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom