New S205 has arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Camchan

Car
mb c class
So picked up the new c200 sport with premium plus, airmatic and intelligent lights earlier this week.

First impressions are it is a big improvement on my w203 though the technology takes a bit of getting used to and still need to get the manual out and go through it.

Ride on airmatic was very comfortable

Bit of a faff getting used to stop/start and the gear change on the stalk business

Keyless entry is not quite working as well as I hoped. Need to work out the magic touch.

Burmeister is a disappointment but maybe it is the source so far - radio and blue tooth spotify

Sat navigation was good with clear directions

Intelligent led lights on limited use seem good

Pano roof is excellent

Got it debaged and looks great.

Will post more once I have more fun with it

Advice please is it safe to post a photo with the registration on it?

Photos I hope.

Attachments

• Studio_20150801_235842.jpg
    Studio_20150801_235842.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 143
Another one

Attachments

• Studio_20150801_235620.jpg
    Studio_20150801_235620.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 133
Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your new car.

Very nice. Enjoy. Can't wait for mine to arrive next month

So just an update.

Got the burmeister sorted after a bit of twiddling. Interesting that each media element has its own equaliser setting. I like a bit more treble but in this system I have toned this down and upped the bass.

Used the intelligent leds tonight. Awsome, without doubt the star of the options. Dipping is automatic, senses when in lit up districts, cornering is excellent.

Cruise control is good with increments of 1mph or a big flick gives an extra 5mph. However the stalk is hidden so a bit fiddly.

Bit of road noise in cabin but wondering if this will abate as tyres bed in-no doubt someone will tell me if this is just a forlorn hope.

The internal lighting is a bit of a damp squib on the central control panel. Quite weak even if up at full. Not quite as I expected given the photos in the brochure.

Seat belts aren't giving me the expected cuddle when belting in and this option isn't showing up where it should on vehicle settings.

The articlo is good -wife thought it was leather.

Finally managed all the golfing paraphernalia in the boot at the weekend so happy about that.

Any questions let me know

Ps wife thinks it looks like a hearse - on second look it doesn't look to dissimilar!

Last edited:
It must be a great experience going from such an old(ish) car to the latest in one jump.

Re the seatbelt hug, every MB I've been in has done this, and I've been in a lot recently, the option to turn this on/off must be buried in a menu somewhere.

So just an update.

Got the burmeister sorted after a bit of twiddling. Interesting that each media element has its own equaliser setting. I like a bit more treble but in this system I have toned this down and upped the bass.

Used the intelligent leds tonight. Awsome, without doubt the star of the options. Dipping is automatic, senses when in lit up districts, cornering is excellent.

Cruise control is good with increments of 1mph or a big flick gives an extra 5mph. However the stalk is hidden so a bit fiddly.

Bit of road noise in cabin but wondering if this will abate as tyres bed in-no doubt someone will tell me if this is just a forlorn hope.

The internal lighting is a bit of a damp squib on the central control panel. Quite weak even if up at full. Not quite as I expected given the photos in the brochure.

Seat belts aren't giving me the expected cuddle when belting in and this option isn't showing up where it should on vehicle settings.

The articlo is good -wife thought it was leather.

Finally managed all the golfing paraphernalia in the boot at the weekend so happy about that.

Any questions let me know

Ps wife thinks it looks like a hearse - on second look it doesn't look to dissimilar!

Thanks useful breakdown. Shame about the interior lights, suppose they may have enhanced the pictures in brochures?? The location of the cruise control was picked up too in a YouTube review, so you are right to flag it up as it seems obvious but then I am no car designer :rolleyes:

I use Spotify like you, so wondered, do you get any kind of display/control options from the car or is it purely Bluetooth and controlled via smartphone?

Enjoy and thanks for the update.

I thought the 205 was supposed to be quieter than the W204 it replaced!

Just ordered my C200 Premium Plus today.

I assumed the driver memory function would memorise a driver's seating position, exterior mirror positions and steering wheel position, up/down/fore/aft as it does on my 1999 E class. Does it?

In response to Artyman, perhaps should have said tyre noise rather than road noise. It seems to be on only rougher road surfaces. Apart from that a quiet ride and have taken James advice and turned up the stereo a bit.

For Hybrid lover here is a screen shot of the Command unit when using spotify via bluetooth. You can scroll through (forward and backwards) tracks on the unit and select from the source as well. The name of the artist and track appears also. Not got much further than that.

Attachments

• IMG_20150805_091340190.jpg
    IMG_20150805_091340190.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Just ordered my C200 Premium Plus today.

I assumed the driver memory function would memorise a driver's seating position, exterior mirror positions and steering wheel position, up/down/fore/aft as it does on my 1999 E class. Does it?

Definetly drivers position not so sure about the others. As I'm the only driver-to big a car for the wife-it isn't something I've looked into yet. Will look at the owners manual online-you can download this yourself as a merc app if you want to.

The passenger seat is the same as the drivers - stores. 3 settings for the seat & mirrors but not the lumber - you have to dig around for that but no big deal. The memory seats also have an electric seat cushion extender.

Thanks for pointing me to the online manual

"With the memory function, you can store up to three different settings, e.g. for three different people.

The following settings are stored as a single memory preset:
  • position of the seat, backrest and head restraint
  • driver's side: position of the exterior mirrors on the driver's and front-passenger sides
  • position of the head-up display"

Seems the W205 does not memorise the steering wheel position :S

Forgot to mention the old E Class also automatically dipped the near side mirror when reversing to show you the kerb when parking. This dipped mirror position was also memorised. Seems the W205 also doesn't have the dip mirror on reverse function.

/EDIT it does memorise the steering wheel :)

/EDIT it does memorise the exterior dipped reverse parking mirror position :)

Last edited:
So 1500 miles in and a short update.

Still enjoying car, average mpg on a 30 - 40 mile run is 44mpg bit lower than hoped but still OK compared to the w203.

Like the ils, super good. Pano sun roof not my first choice but really like it now. Light floods in and is great when open. Command is also good and sat nav is excellent.

Love it or hate it the ipad screen is very effective and I'm a convert to it.

Keyless system is a bit hit or miss and the burmeister is a bit of a disappointment in my view.

Jury still out on the air suspension. Seems a bit walloway on b roads.

Is it a petrol or diesel?

I didn't realise until the other day the petrol is exactly the same as the C250 in Europe just a different map, everything is the same.
Can be mapped for 250 and 400nm easily.

After watching thegetawayer's review of it on youtube it has pricked my ears up once more.

I love the interior on these new C Classes, very jealous. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom