New S213 sinking!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abcan

Car
S212 250CDI 2012
Just saw this nice looking, brand new, S213 in the dealership. Looks like it’s not only my 7 year old S212 that drops a little when unused!

E93591E5-3981-4B3F-A915-F6343F38E870.jpeg

I've seen the same thing at my local dealership - not that they are bothered. Also saw a 1 year old GLE350 on the forecourt where the rear had dropped, which I pointed out and they just shrugged their shoulders! cant believe it!

S213’s all have air self levelling suspension at the rear and all ‘drop’ when turned off. It’s normal and pumps up when turned on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They shouldn't drop noticeably and certainly not by the amount of the car in the photo.
Maybe it has been parked for months which might explain it? I assume that is unlikely given the dealerships desire to turnover cars quickly.
Just parked for days or even weeks and dropped like that would indicate a problem.

BMW's have a "Transport" mode that is set via the diags and does what it says. Sets the suspension for the car being transported around the dealers NOT the roads. On BMW's it leaves the car slammed to the ground and complaining if it is driven even the shortest of distances. I have no idea why it is lowered so much?

That is interesting. I am surprised that a car in a showroom and liable to be brought for a test drive would still be "transport" mode.

That is interesting. I am surprised that a car in a showroom and liable to be brought for a test drive would still be "transport" mode.

Steve

Woah. I’m not saying it is there or even on. I just know that in my X5 and other BMW’s it is there to protect the air suspension during transport.

I do not know about MB. [emoji83]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does make sense and would explain why the air suspension on a brand new car has dropped right down.

Jlr have this too, if a vehicle isint going to a customer within 48 hours it needs putting back into transport mode, but that being said they do not drop at all when left

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom