New series of Top Gear

• Thread starter Deleted member 37751
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I caught the end of it but wont be watching it on catch up thats for sure. I actually liked Chris Harris on his YouTube channel but he's incredibly awkward on TV. If I want car reviews, I go to YouTube. I'm a big fan of Mat Watson/Carwow.

NP. Just shut your eyes and remember her as she was!!

Started off with a Skoda estate and then started talking about a Ferrari and Porsche? Really?? I was hoping for a decent 'group' test of similar vehicles by different manufacturers within £10k at the most, not with an unlimited budget.

I've just watched Extra Gear which I recorded, mostly a rehash of the program, come on BBC you can (must) do better than this

It's a bit like watching a crap version of Friends - as an addendum to my last comment.

I did watch TG last night ... some nice cinematic bits with the Porker and Ferrari but that degenerated into drivel, as did the baby SUV part (was it really necessary to wreck the car??). I'll keep an eye on it (the trailer of Chris Harris driving the Le Mans Bentley looked potentially interesting) but it was certainly a weak start to the series.

Grand Tour this week is the NC500 looking forward to it having driven it a few times

As a petrolhead, it pains me to say that it was dull, irrelevant and more than a bit embarrassing...

But that's exactly what it was.

Insert here well-worn comment about bringing back Fifth Gear!

I did watch TG last night ... some nice cinematic bits with the Porker and Ferrari but that degenerated into drivel, as did the baby SUV part (was it really necessary to wreck the car??). I'll keep an eye on it (the trailer of Chris Harris driving the Le Mans Bentley looked potentially interesting) but it was certainly a weak start to the series.

This is not the first time Harris has driven the Le Mans Bentley. He drove the car a couple of months after the 2003 Le Mans win at a press day at Snetterton for me. He was actually very good and got within a few seconds of the team drivers after less than 10 laps.
But the thing I remember most is that he got out of the car giggling and saying that the car was just so easy to drive quickly.
That is exactly what we had been working on for three years :)
I had run him before in race cars and he was a good midfield runner, but he went up massively in my estimation on that day:cool:

Top gear now and for a few years is an entertainment programme nothing else, just some fancy cars nobody can afford thrown in it is a waste of air time as far a car programme goes but that is my opinion. I think they should bring back the old three but know they won't, like many said too what happened to the days of William Woolard, Chris Coffey ect ect ect. I know things and times move on but not always for the better and what more proof is needed with the current line up and antics.

Watched it, didn't hate it, but didn't enthuse over it either. It was just a bit meh. At least GT provokes a reaction one way or another.

Apart from this:
Started off with a Skoda estate and then started talking about a Ferrari and Porsche? Really?? I was hoping for a decent 'group' test of similar vehicles by different manufacturers within £10k at the most, not with an unlimited budget.

This pissed me right off. I wanted the same.

Watched it, didn't hate it, but didn't enthuse over it either. It was just a bit meh. At least GT provokes a reaction one way or another.

Apart from this:
'Started off with a Skoda estate and then started talking about a Ferrari and Porsche? Really?? I was hoping for a decent 'group' test of similar vehicles by different manufacturers within £10k at the most, not with an unlimited budget'

This pissed me right off. I wanted the same.

Sorry! How long have you been watchingTop Gear?? If it was anytime in the last 20 years you might have known what to expect:rolleyes:

I watched the Top Gear episode last night and quite enjoyed it!
Nice feature on The M5 vs the E63s which almost everyone needs to know about....:dk:
It's a motoring show on the very edge of fantasy, a place I've happily inhabited for the last 40 years or so.....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom