New Services Coming 1st June 2017 - Mercedes Me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gigdesigns

Car
2017 C250 Prem Plus
I've had an email come through this morning advising of an update to the Mercedes Me terms and conditions.
The email states it's in response to new services available from the 1st of June.

Just wondering if anybody has any details on what these services might be?

I'm really hoping they're going to beef up the functionality in Comand Online with more services and apps. Why is there no integrated Spotify support?
Better yet, give C Class owners Android Auto/CarPlay support.

Maybe it's wishful thinking which is a shame because I love the car itself, it's fantastic to drive. The Comand environment has great potential if developed in the right direction.

I just got the same email and was about to make the same post. I've got a W213 E320 and I was rather hoping for: Ability to disable remote boot opening; 3 times someone has knocked on my door saying "Did you know your boot is open?" Add the ability to add Personal POIs (safety cameras etc.) Add the ability to copy music to the hard drive Just a few suggestions. ANYONE LISTENING AT MB??

And what about the ability to record from the 360 cameras on a loop. That wouldn't be hard and would be really useful in an accident. Come on MB!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there is no option for the Personal POI's on the new E Class :-(
Have you tried to save a POI in NAVI to your SD card?

If that works, you can check on an SD card reader *and* the car will read this POI it saved to the card, then there is no problem with the car reading any other POIs in the same format, given:

* Under 30,000 POIs
* Exact Mercedes GPX format (no XML errors)
* Acceptable IconId for each POI, to be able to see them on a map, though the audio and visual alerts should still work. Numbers 0-20 are unique.

POI formats, NTG 5*2
https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-class-w222/664089-satnav-navi-poi-format.html

POI icons
https://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/222691-navi-personal-poi-icons-c0mand.html

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

gr1nch said:
Have you tried to save a POI in NAVI to your SD card? If that works, you can check on an SD card reader *and* the car will read this POI it saved to the card, then there is no problem with the car reading any other POIs in the same format, given: * Under 30,000 POIs * Exact Mercedes GPX format (no XML errors) * Acceptable IconId for each POI, to be able to see them on a map, though the audio and visual alerts should still work. Numbers 0-20 are unique. POI formats, NTG 5*2 https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-class-w222/664089-satnav-navi-poi-format.html POI icons https://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/222691-navi-personal-poi-icons-c0mand.html Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

There has been a lot of discussion of this on these forums but nobody has ever suggested that before. I'll give it a try ASAP and let you know. Maybe others could try this too?

Will the 'robbing your car with a laptop' option be made official?

QUOTE="gr1nch"]Just got this email today. Will be interesting to see if the services catch up with the latest E class, is from the new 2018 S Class or something else. Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I just saw your quote on the dupe thread gr1nch. I have a strange feeling that getting more money from MB drivers may well come into it ;-)

>> Just got this email today. Will be interesting to see if the services catch up with the latest E class, is from the new 2018 S Class or something else. Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I just saw your quote on the dupe thread gr1nch. I have a strange feeling that getting more money from MB drivers may well come into it ;-)
Yes, although Michael, quite possibly UK owners might get off lightly for Mercedes Me. By comparison the USA owners have to pay for MBrace, their equivalent. Although they can also buy a concierge service accessible via the info system.

I guess what will happen in the UK is that:

* Mercedes Me will be anywhere updates (no car at main dealer needed) for both mobile device app and web site functionality.

* POI may need a dealer visit if their updating any part of NTG, but others on here will know better than me about that. The POI creator would be away from the car anyway. I can't send POIs or routes from my phone, that I've heard is possible, even though my car (2017 W222) is very new, but not the latest model of the marque.

What I can do is adapt, upload and use all the POIs I need: safety cameras (fixed, mobile, red light), restaurants, tourist attractions etc for multiple countries including UK, BE, FR, DE, CH, LU, DE and IT for an upcoming driving tour.

Reading through the five T&Cs it looks like there'll be
* POI and route sending via the Mercedes Me app and 3rd party apps (hope they finally get that working for everyone with Google Maps on their phone)
* Refuelling information
* music & video streaming from Tidal
* voice search from Nuance
perhaps some other stuff, but can't recall all of it.

I wonder why they've gone with Tidal instead of Spotify? Tidal offers lossless audio but I'd vouch that most of us are on Spotify.

gr1nch said:
Have you tried to save a POI in NAVI to your SD card? If that works, you can check on an SD card reader *and* the car will read this POI it saved to the card, then there is no problem with the car reading any other POIs in the same format, given: * Under 30,000 POIs * Exact Mercedes GPX format (no XML errors) * Acceptable IconId for each POI, to be able to see them on a map, though the audio and visual alerts should still work. Numbers 0-20 are unique. POI formats, NTG 5*2 https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-class-w222/664089-satnav-navi-poi-format.html POI icons https://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/222691-navi-personal-poi-icons-c0mand.html Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

My W213 E350D doesn't have the option to save POI's

I just got the same email and was about to make the same post. I've got a W213 E320 and I was rather hoping for: Ability to disable remote boot opening; 3 times someone has knocked on my door saying "Did you know your boot is open?"

Glad I'm not the only one getting this. I treat the key like it's made of fragile glass now to make sure the bloody boot doesn't get opened. Rubbish design, looks lovely but lack of recess on the full width buttons is a schoolboy error imo.

I had this a few times last year on mine. I kept wondering if it was me and so I stopped putting the key in my trouser pocket but still happened. I asked the garage to look it back in Feb. Couldn't find a fault but reset/reinstalled some software and hasn't happened since. Much relieved.

Sending a destination to your vehicle via MB Web App

Reading through the five T&Cs it looks like there'll be
* POI and route sending via the Mercedes Me app and 3rd party apps (hope they finally get that working for everyone with Google Maps on their phone)
* Refuelling information
* music & video streaming from Tidal
* voice search from Nuance
perhaps some other stuff, but can't recall all of it.

Hi gr1nch, not sure if you're aware, but if you have the Android Mercedes Me app installed on your phone (no idea about iOS sorry), in Google Maps you can 'share' a location with Mercedes Me. The Mercedes Me app then shows you the address and you tap it to send to your car. It's a little bit clunky and sometimes doesn't work properly.

Alternatively, use the MB Me Web App to send a destination to your car. I've created a short video on YouTube showing that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3hLDoXbTCw

Hope that helps somebody. :bannana:
Save
Save

Has anyone seen any new services come online since the 1st of June? I've looked in Mercedes Benz apps in the car but nothing new there.

Quick question on the web app screenshot you gave gr1nch, have you figured out what the 'Updated x days ago' bit in the top right corner actually means?

It seems to have no relevance to anything I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom