New shape CLS in white, what wheels?

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by smillion, Aug 5, 2011.

1. smillion

smillion Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLS350 CDI sport
    I am fortunate to be getting a white cls 350 cdi sport in 4 weeks, a demonstrator of the new model. It has 19" AMG alloys but following recent trends we are also going to get some black wheels. Favourite at the moment are some dealer fit wheels in the back of the brochure but they are rare which is good. Any suggestions thus ?I will try to get a pic of the dealer wheels. I have run Mercs for 20 years and some here will k ow I am not too precious about OEM. What do you suggest ? Have to be 19 inch

2. SPX

SPX MB Club Veteran

Car:
    That one
    I'm not sure the exact name of those on DrNabs E350 Cabriolet, but they look really well.

Have a look at his sig.

3. OP
    OP
    smillion

Car:
    CLS350 CDI sport
    Funny you should say that. I already pm'd him. Mandrus millenium, seems to be an issue getting stock. Olly has had them and rated them......

4. Dr-Nab

Dr-Nab Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    B8.5 S5 Coupe 430hp/520nm
    Yeah stock is difficult for the fitment for the newer mercs, older fitment they've got plenty.. I'm unable to get any at the minute so having my two damaged wheels refurbed and re cut, if they look good then I'll keep them if not then I'll have to play the waiting game for two new alloys. Try Gary Matthews at Rimstyle 01233 503006 if you're interested in a set, he should be able to sort some out for you at a decent price.

One thing to note though bigger than 19s on the CLS are alright to look at but I've been advised they destroy the ride especially when lowered, even on Brabus suspension my dealer have told me they'd be reluctant to fit Brabus suspension for me if I got one.. but to be honest I don't care about things like that when the car looks the way it does, plus the seats are even more comfy than the multi contour ones I've got. You should be safe with 19s, HRE wheels look very well on the CLS, will have to dig some pictures out!

2012 CLS on black wheels... yummy!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  5. OP
    OP
    smillion

Car:
    CLS350 CDI sport
    Toby at Rimstyle tried to source the MMs ...... They do look lovely .....thanks for the picture ....

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  6. Alex

Alex Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S65, E55TT & RR 5.0 SC
    How about some Brabus wheels? They sure look nice:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    smillion

Car:
    CLS350 CDI sport
    These are in the CLS brochure as a rare but dealer fit 19" accessory and found one at MB Stratford with them fitted - on back order but nice compromise i think.....Gloss black with polished alloy highlights ....

Attached Files: