new shape e class which model?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

honalulu

Car
mercedes e220
Having been the unfortunate owner of a 2000 e class 220 which which rusted away. I am looking at purchasing a 2010 model are they any better if so which engine to choose?

The 2010-era E Classes (212'a) are way better for rust as were the 211's before them. I presume yours is a 210? They had an awful rep for rust and I had a C Class of that era which rotted badly.

In terms of engine "best" means all sorts of things to lots of people. It depends if you priortise smoothness, economy or performance.

The 350 CDI probably sits at the sweetspot of those three things, the big petrols give you more of the performance thing, the 4 pot diesels the economy thing.

It depends.

The 2010-era E Classes (212'a) are way better for rust as were the 211's before them. I presume yours is a 210? They had an awful rep for rust and I had a C Class of that era which rotted badly.

In terms of engine "best" means all sorts of things to lots of people. It depends if you priortise smoothness, economy or performance.

The 350 CDI probably sits at the sweetspot of those three things, the big petrols give you more of the performance thing, the 4 pot diesels the economy thing.

It depends.

Thank you London Scottish

I was thinking of a diesel, As we retired and plan to visit many places around europe it seems to make more sense.

The E350 engines are a lovely drive and still relatively economic on a run in the UK I get around 48mpg but when in France last year I topped 50mpg.

Whatever you chose the engines seem pretty good.

Robin

My 2010 E350cdi cost me £80 a fortnight on fuel. The C43 is now £60 a week doing the same miles.

Yip 350 diesel all day for the compromise economy and power thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom