New Shape ML 250 or 350 Cdi real life MPG please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Any owners care to give an indication of real world MPG?

My dad currently has a 164 ML and on his list now the CLS shooting brake maybe off the list is the new shape ML.

The ML250Cdi claims 45mpg? it sound too good to be true? is it?

Hi

I have the ML250 CDi Sport BlueTec.

Around town achieves 30 mpg and on a run (steady 70) I've had 39 mpg. I'm not the most frugal of drivers so I expect others to get slightly more.

Done over 7,000 miles now and still loving it.

^ Geat stuff.

My dad gets 28mpg out of his SL500 so I think over 40mpg for him then :)

How does it feel performance wise? with the 250 engine it just seems too small?

Good to hear you like it, he bought the 164 model as a stop gap and now has had it over 2 years, likes the sitting high up and solid safe feeling especially as it goes to the alps a few times a year.

Plenty of power/torque in this 4 pot diesel. Many were critical of such a small engine in such a heavy car. It really is no problem.

I came out of an E350 coupe so I can obviously notice the difference but it's no slouch. It has a towing capacity of 3 Tonne. I suspect that's where you'd need the ML350 power.

They really are great cars. I wasn't looking for one until I tried one:thumb:

Look for a specced up ex demo as they can work out expensive when bolting on all the extras. Mine went from just over 39K to 55K when adding comand, roof,mirror pack,leather, heated seats, walnut, ambient lighting and black roof trim.

Another point. You won't need airmatic unless you really ARE taking it off road.

Have had my ML 350 Bluetec for 6 months and 7k miles. Average around town 26 mpg with 30 on a run. Little disappointed with this as my previous ML 350 petrol would return 26/27
on a run but only 18/19 around town . But I must say its a great car, extremely smooth, quiet and relaxing to drive and just as comfortable as my W221 S500. Mine was a factory order and yes the options do mount up. I did, however, manage to get a 12% discount which eased the pain a little.

I test drove an Ml250 sport and loved it. I ordered one end of Nov, and it arrives on Saturday :bannana:

Will let you know what the real life mpg is like, when I have had a chance to use it.

I got a good deal on one through drive the deal, to the spec that I wanted on a factory order.

Last edited:
I had a new ML350BE over Christmas for just over 2000 miles, I actually loved the comfort of the ride (not airmatic) and the performance which was excellent, one big problem I found was the huge delay upon initial acceleration from stationary, it really was a gamble at roundabouts and pulling out of junctions as there was such a large delay in burying the accel peddle into the carpet and the ML actually pulling away......frightening! Odd thing is on my CLS with basically the same engine/box combination the initial accel can be immediate and vicious if required. And it was not just the weight of the ML, there just was no immediate reaction to the input at the peddle.
As for economy of the ML in general driving conditions I got 28mpg, I tried an Eco run once on a trip along the A12 from town to town and managed just 32 mpg, but it was blooming hard work! Around my local town running to the shops on very short runs it gave about 22mpg......slightly worse than my 3litre petrol Lexus 4x4 in the same conditions......hmm

Loved it though :D

Finally, I picked mine up yesterday, Ml250 cdi sport, I have done 350 miles so far, mix of motorway, and town. Averaging 33 mpg. The engine is brilliant, better than I remembered, easily enough power for motorway, country and town driving. So far I am incredibly pleased and impressed.

Here is a gratuitous photo:bannana:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom