New shape SL for £30k?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Any chance?

Ive seen them for £35k

Any spec :)

£30k sounds rather low for the time being - even LHD ones tend to start around £40k from the ones I've seen - would be surprised if there was a ready supply of them at £35k, let alone £30k.

Saying that, I'll have a RHD SL500 for £35k if you find one!! :rock:

KillerHERTZ said:
It was a 350, but that'll do...

Surprises me - would have that that being a bit newer that it would be easier to pick up a SL500 for less than a SL350. Wouldn't refuse either of them though!

The SL500's have been out for longer so an early one may be cheaper than the newer SL350.

I would wait another few years and to it properly :D

I was offered a 1yo AMG sl55 for less than 60K from a main dealer! it had 7K on the clock :D meaning in another year to 18 months cars like it will be down to the mid thirties...

I also don't think that the first batch of SLs out of waranty, will be a very clever buy, as many of the R230 owners that I have spoken to were not that pleased with the amount of repair work that had been done. Its not like you can opt out of the MB dealer network with one of these yet either :( If you have got 30K I would go and sniff out a good 2001 R129 "edition", and have some fun till the 230 proves it can be run as a secondhand car...

A quick sniff on autotrader found at least 3 - 4 (R230) SL500 s already down to the high thirties :D

Unfortunately I also found a 2001 silver arrow in cribbs causway...

So if I go quiet you kow where I have gone :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom