New shower hose

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Eww! Who reuses a rubber!?
Reminds me of the ‘Would I Lie to You’ episode where someone (a DJ I think) said that he used to pay someone in his class to clean his rubbers!

I've ordered a new hose and head, I spose I'll get washers with it?
Too late now that you’ve ordered it, but there are hoses and hoses. Most have a narrow bore, which can be a bit restrictive. Larger bore hoses are available that give a better flow, particularly when your water pressure is low.

Anyway, if the shower is turned off you can swap to a new hose and head without any problems. The new hose should come with new rubber or fibre washers. Don’t use the old ones - make sure they’ve been taken out.

Thanks, ok, if it's all limescaled up, how do I remove it?
I can recommend a water softener it will treat your water, make it nice and soft and over time will erode any
Chalky limscale you have in your pipes .
I've had one for the last 12 years no limescale on taps or in kettle

Too late now that you’ve ordered it, but there are hoses and hoses. Most have a narrow bore, which can be a bit restrictive. Larger bore hoses are available that give a better flow, particularly when your water pressure is low.

Anyway, if the shower is turned off you can swap to a new hose and head without any problems. The new hose should come with new rubber or fibre washers. Don’t use the old ones - make sure they’ve been taken out.
I didn't actually order it, my son did, so hopefully he's ordered the correct one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom