New Skoda Fabia ad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
Have you seen the new Fabia ad? The car is built from cakes and sweets. Very well produced, but I'd be interested to see what the NCAP results would be? :crazy:

Quite a soft ride I should imagine!

Excellent advert, the chef was even pouring golden syrup as oil into the 'engine'!

If it passed I guess that would be the icing on the cake....

...but I'd be interested to see what the NCAP results would be? :crazy:

Probably poor for the passengers, but I'm sure that it'd do very well in the pedestrian tests. :D

I'm persuaded, I'll go and trade the Merc in on a Skoda right away.....:crazy:

Seriously what is this advert about? I remembered the ad but didn't remember what the product was, seems to be a lot of that about these days. Honda are good at this too. Advertising men so far up their own backsides with their own brilliance I guess. What does this ad tell me about Skoda? Not a lot really. The Vauxhall Zafira ad with the two young lads to my mind is more what a car ad should be, giving a lot of information about the flexibility, room and mod cons, which is what they're trying to sell it on (not performance or road holding for example), with a bit of clever humour thrown in. The current Alfa ad is memorable too, where that silly Saab ad with people and cows looking up as the Saab went past sounding like a military jet on afterburner is just plain silly.

Oh dear, you've got me started.......................:D :D

more cakes!

If you look on their dedicated Fabia website the "theme" is continued with feature buttons as cakes etc. http://www.newfabia.co.uk/ :confused: Unfortunately this doesn't hide the fact the car is pug-ugly, too big and out of proportion IMHO.:eek: Its a great pity because its a seriously well built car.:(

Seriously what is this advert about? I remembered the ad but didn't remember what the product was, seems to be a lot of that about these days. Honda are good at this too. Advertising men so far up their own backsides with their own brilliance I guess. What does this ad tell me about Skoda? Not a lot really. The Vauxhall Zafira ad with the two young lads to my mind is more what a car ad should be, giving a lot of information about the flexibility, room and mod cons, which is what they're trying to sell it on (not performance or road holding for example), with a bit of clever humour thrown in. The current Alfa ad is memorable too, where that silly Saab ad with people and cows looking up as the Saab went past sounding like a military jet on afterburner is just plain silly.

Vauxhall have to advertise for the product benefits as the brand is not held with much regard. Saab are trying to give their brand a sexy edge with their 'link' to aircraft. Skoda are making their brand soft and friendly against the more austere and functional VW. The ad men will be happy that you remember the brand. The fact people talk about the ad also means we carry on the job for them.

Seriously what is this advert about? .....
The fact people talk about the ad also means we carry on the job for them.

I think you just answered your own question :D

I think you just answered your own question :D

Not really, until it was mentioned here, I forgot what the ad was for. And despite talking about the ad, it doesn't make me want to buy a Skoda. The ad men might be quite happy we're talking about it, they'd be a lot happier if they'd persuaded us to go out and buy Skodas ;)

Skoda are one of the best manuf at the moment IMHO. They know the market they are going for , they don't get carried away and loose the plot. They are very customer focused and their staff have a passion for the brand from where its come from and where its going.

Overall , a great company with a great ad :) Should the time come to downsize , a Skoda diesel would be high up the list.

I agree.

And with products such as cars, if you regularly purchase a MB for example, then any Skoda advert won't convert you - unless it was a "giveaway"!

However, the idea is to generate interest, which it has done - is it worth the money (of the advert?) - who knows?! Did they eat it afterwards? I hope so!

Last edited:
I saw the Audi A5 advert for the first time last night. What a load of rubbish, a load of lines eventually making something a bit like a car then dissolving again...

that takes the biscuit

you'd have to be be a doughnut to drive it, probably handles like a big blumonge and goes like a Chocolate log off a shovel!!

Ads should be targeted to the market in which they sell, Mercedes / BMW adverts all lean towards the luxury and prestige, VW to reliability and strength, Audi to the style and fashion elements (although you don't have to be gay or female to buy an Audi, it probably helps), Rover used to focus on the Britishness, Toyota on practicality etc.

Skoda should take a leaf out of Citroen's book, and show how cheap the cars are /before/ the huge offers and discounts make them even cheaper.

Still, in spite of that, it's got us all talking about Skodas...

Skoda should take a leaf out of Citroen's book, and show how cheap the cars are /before/ the huge offers and discounts make them even cheaper.
QUOTE]

What offers are they??

Best you could get of the Fabia VRs was about £300 and 1 year old were nearly the same money..91% residual can't be scoffed at..it's the best value holding car in it's class.

[
What offers are they??

Best you could get of the Fabia VRs was about £300 and 1 year old were nearly the same money..91% residual can't be scoffed at..it's the best value holding car in it's class.

Not as much as Citroen, but a quick search finds 3 grand off various octavias, 1400 quid off new fabias, 2800 off superbs (which are as superb as the carisma is charismatic, the sportage is sporty and the pride is something to be proud of...)

Plus free servicing on octavias and roomsters (saw a roomster today - oh my goodness...) and 0% finance on octavias.

Citroen seem to be doing some crazy cashbacks at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom