New SL buyer just paid deposit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

meb

Car
SL500 R230
Hi All,

Just put a deposit on this SL500, collecting it this Saturday:

http://www.directmercedes.co.uk/veh...iant%3d%26startdate%3d%26perpage%3d%26page%3d

Think this was an OK deal for a 2 owner 35k mile SL500 from a main dealer with full Tier 1 warranty etc

Fairly good spec including:

Keyless Go
Parktronik
Xenon's
Harmon Kardon Logic 7 (is this better than Bose?)
TV Tuner
Heated Seats

My questions are what other gadgets can I retrofit to this?

Can I fit distronic? phone? Linguaphonic etc and a multi play CD player?

Thanks

Hi - and welcome - lovely car -- hope you don't drive into London too often....:D

Thanks,

No I live in Bath city centre where I walk virtually everywhere. It will only cover around 6k miles a year!

Hello :):)

The CD changer is standard on the 230 SL500, its behind the passenger seat.

Bose is the optional extra.

You have AMG wheels (extra) and a wood steering wheel (extra)

Distronic cannot be retro fitted, I have a list somewhere and I will post back

Looks good ... nice colour ;)

I bought my R129 with Tier 1 ... it's a fantastic warranty, gives great peace of mind. I'm averaging 2-3k miles per year in it at the moment :eek:

Hello & Welcome.

Almost anything can be retrofitted, its just knowing how and having the money :)

Thanks for the links, looks like Steve at MBNL can do the distronic. I will email him and ask how much.

Did not look behind passanger seat for CD player, MB salesman thought it should have been in the boot and assumed it was not there!

Any ideo on phone retrofit on this? I had a look at one site but they do not seem to want to touch R230's

Anyone have any good sources for Lorinser 19" wheels and anyone interesed in the 18" AMG's I have on it at moment (virtually immaculate, at least 4mm on tyres)?

great looking car ,nice amg wheels and the sterring wheel and is it black ash wood?? great car again have fun when you pick it up:D :D if you need someone to give it a test drive i will be avalible anytime;) :D ENJOY regards jon

Thanks for the links, looks like Steve at MBNL can do the distronic. I will email him and ask how much.

Did not look behind passanger seat for CD player, MB salesman thought it should have been in the boot and assumed it was not there!

Any ideo on phone retrofit on this? I had a look at one site but they do not seem to want to touch R230's

Anyone have any good sources for Lorinser 19" wheels and anyone interesed in the 18" AMG's I have on it at moment (virtually immaculate, at least 4mm on tyres)?

Did you look for a phone, maybe there is one, if the salesman did not know where the CD changer was

From new the extras on the 500 add up to just over £26k if you have them all
For fun I did that on the R129, based on the 1997 price list - a fraction under £25k in extras if you had everything.

Did you look for a phone, maybe there is one, if the salesman did not know where the CD changer was

Er, no the salesman did not have a clue where it might be - where should it be? It is not on the print out he gave me from Germany.

Hello

Spending 25K on options on the SL500 would you be as well with an SL600 (at the time) or is it the same with 20K + options on that?

I managed to fit £7K worth of options into a Z3 when I bought that back in 2001, relative to the price of the car that was a lot :)

Sounds like your car (TV) will be a great buy when you sell it :) shame about the wood wheel though could sway the purchase :) :)

Back to the thread....

Pretty bad that a Mercedes sales guy doesn't know where bits on cars are ???? reckon most of us know more :) still it means you may fine more toys when you get the car.

Hope you have a nice day to collect it. Roof down of course !!!

Thanks for the VIN decoder TV. No phone by the look of it so I am going to have to look at retrofit - any suggestions?

Thanks for the VIN decoder TV. No phone by the look of it so I am going to have to look at retrofit - any suggestions?

You do need the interface and holder, the Comand in your car is Comand 2 so you need one compatible with that, they are on E bay from time to time, you can also ask Alfie on this site or Richard

Spending 25K on options on the SL500 would you be as well with an SL600 (at the time) or is it the same with 20K + options on that?

The 600 cost £21,700 more to start off with. Things it had as standard but were options on the 500 were:

Adaptive damping
ESP
Heated seats
Wood gearshift and wheel

The big extras were AMG wheels and body kit (£8,838), glass hard top (£2,600), 'exclusive' leather (£2,831), and £2,220 on audio (BOSE, CD changer, Exquisit sound).

the only thing that mine does not have is the wooden wheel
Hi television, just as well, I find these modern ones with tyres are more comfortable.:)
Anyway, that looks like one seriously nice car, and I do prefer that colour......AND the price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom