New Sl55 Owners Any Out There?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kevsl55

Car
sl55 amg 2003
hi all you merc club members
being a total novice at this internet stuff it appears to me there is little in the uk for the amg in respect of clubs, track meets etc, but that maybe due to my grade "f" in search engines. though i must be improving, ( i found this forum) any way i digress! i have a new sl55 and would like to know more about this model etc.
i have progressed through the c class & s class onto the sl500
( v8 slug! sorry no offence intended) but i always felt i went and bought second best! it had to go and quick before too much dosh was lost! not that i am rich git i worked hard over the last 25 years to be able to afford one! even if the bank mangaer sits in the passenger seat! keeping an eye on my new toy.
bottom line would like to interact with any one on the amg models been in a few so called fast cars but the sl55 amg is the business p.s. dont believe this waiting list nonsense paid no premium for mine, got it in 3 weeks

Hi Kev
Nice to hear of another AMG enthusiast.
I like your style and motor lets see some pics so that we can all admire your taste in cars:D :D

These AMG things don't half shift eh!!!:D :D

Regards
Mark.

love to send pics, but not sure how to paste in pics to this text box? i will read on & learn.............
does your c32 have steering wheel gear shift? and that lovely super charging thud when you got your toe down?
sounds better than the radio! ( better than terry wogan and the missus thats for sure!
regards kevin

Alas I don't have the steering wheel gear shift and the sound that your sl55 makes is wonderfull to hear.
What I do like doing (sad I know) is to stand on the side of the road as my missus drives off and listen. I keep telling her to put her foot down but she says it scares her although when she does she has that silly big grin on her face or is that a smirk of delight :D :D :D

I would like to record it although that would really be sad :eek: :eek:

As for pictures try this link:
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3189&highlight=pictures

find a nice wide bridge or underpass. put the roof down. approach nice and slow then floor it. it'll be music to your ears!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom