New SL65 V12 on show @ Liverpool St Station

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyW124

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E320 coupe, W211 E320 V6 CDI, W211 E63 V8 AMG, R129 SL 280 V6, W215 CL 600 V12 Bi Turbo.
Since Monday, the SL65 has been on show at Liverpool St Station.

Anyone work around/pass through the station and seen it? Just been out on my lunch to get a close up.

Beast of a thing that is. I think its awesome. :rock:

However....I thought Merc have stopped making V12 motors now, Is this the last?

It looks gorgeous doesn't it. Almost as nice as my SL55 :devil:

Indeed, i'm not a fan of the matt stuff, but this one was covered all over in a nice shade of matt grey.

looks good, seen it there all week, they could have at least lined up the stone protector on the front between the bonnet and the wings.

looks good, seen it there all week, they could have at least lined up the stone protector on the front between the bonnet and the wings.

Took note before I left office, had a quick butchers on the way home looked ok...I'll have another gander tomo! LOL

I'll check it out tomorrow!

It does look nice doesn't it. But £168k before options?! Performance pack is £12.5k, Ceramics are £10k, LSD £2.6k... this could get dangerously close to being a 200k car :eek:

HammyHamster said:
It does look nice doesn't it. But £168k before options?! Performance pack is £12.5k, Ceramics are £10k, LSD £2.6k... this could get dangerously close to being a 200k car :eek:

It's a V12 turbo. Its cool.

I understand why the stone chip protector film is used... but it really does spill the look of the car :(

It looks even worse on white cars over time because the stuff starts turning yellow and needs to be re-done :doh:

Lovely SL65 :thumb:

Though I do think that, for a 65 AMG, it should have some additional/ alternative styling to make it stand out more from other SL's.

A small gripe though, as it really does look great.

Saw a white sl63 at mb dartford and i must conclude it looked stunning.

It'll look good when they apply the top coat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom