New SLK Accident damage

clkelly

Car
230 clk cabriolet
Picked up my new slk on wednesday, absolutley cracking car. Yesterday it was reversed into whilst parked and damage sustained to the front bumper, headlight, day running light and o/s wing. Guy is insured and all that and addmitted liability etc, thing is, how can i make sure the body shop replace damaged parts and do not try to repair them, car is less than 1 week old!!

OP
OP
C

clkelly

Car
230 clk cabriolet
brand new car, will have for a long time, want it the same as when it left the showroom 3 days ago! Not some smart repair that will come undone after a few years, anyway what about my warranty if its not done right?

trapperjohn

MB Enthusiast
Car
124 300D 24V Estate
Sorry to hear the news. Let your insurance handle it. I'm sure there on posts on here about what to do and how to get it to the Mercedes Authorised Repairers.

Good Luck.

Charlie87

Car
S320CDI
Ask to see receipts for job,

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
Just take it to your Mercedes dealer and let them sort the repair.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
CLS 500 / A 150
Does depend on how bad the damage is as well.

I was at a body shop before Christmas and they were straightening and filling a rear quarter panel on an A4 estate because the insurance co wouldn't authorise a replacement.

Dieselman

Banned
Car
Peugeot 403 Convertible
There is a lot more to replacing a rear quarter panel than a front wing. A repair is often better if welding is required due to panel gaps and other issues.
I would be surprised if any decent bodyshop fills front wings for anything other than a minor ding.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range Rover Vogue, Volvo XC60 and crappy Pug 307
I too have seen a bumper repaired because the third party would not authorise a new bumper. Sadly I got involved too late in the day to do anything about it although in reality I could not tell.

****y thing to happen, all you can do is get it to an MB authorised repair centre and hope!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom